Head of Schools – Bangladesh
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council invites applications for the position of Head of Schools – Bangladesh.
No of position/s – 01
Duration – Indefinite
- Programme management in terms of clarifying targets in line with regional strategy, ensuring delivery of agreed project outputs while controlling allocated resources (both financial and staff).
- Resolve immediate operational, commercial or technical problems and contribute to the incremental improvement of procedures in these areas.
- Lead effective day-to-day communication with identified internal and external partners, and lead delivery of Partner Schools Global Network (PSGN) for UK curriculum schools.
- Build and motivate an effective team, and manage team performance in line with British Council’s performance management procedures.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for collaboration, co-creation and co-funding with partner organisations and effectively manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Interpret, plan and implement diverse procedures (eg financial and reporting) to ensure project delivery is compliant with British Council systems and standards.
- Develop an overall marketing and communication strategy for schools activity ensuring effective dissemination of successes internally and externally, in collaboration with Marketing and Communications team.
And will have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an educational field – teacher development, ELT, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Bangladesh education sector.
- At least five years’ experience of working in programmes management in education sector including two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with children.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Bangla.
We can offer
- Monthly salary BDT 196,000 (Consolidated).
- Transport allowance of Tk 8000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council
Closing date: 29 June 2018
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরিগুলোওঃ