Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In February 2019, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Project Manager is responsible to set up the Afghan Girls’ Education (AGE) Project and to oversee the project activities, read out all the documents of the project and have a comprehensive understanding of the terms and conditions, and the particular roles and responsibilities of the partner/stakeholders. The position has to lead and manage a project of 12 million Can$ to ensure primary level of education in Afghanistan by establishing Community Based and Pre-Primary Schools for targeted beneficiaries, community mobilization, teaching and managerial skill development for school teachers by supporting of the relevant staff. The position is reportable to Programme Manger , Education.
- Plan, execute, and facilitate the project interventions strictly according to the approved plan, budget and timeframe.
- Manage resources and coordinate efforts of the team members to deliver the AGE project effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that the project meets the stipulated and expected results of the project by overseeing the quality control of the whole project cycle.
- Manage day to day project operation following approved and agreed policy and procedure accordingly.
- Ensure team works for achieving the project target effectively by promoting team sprit as well as by controlling and leading the project staff.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department for building peaceful working environment.
- Ensure that different kinds of reports are submitted to donors on time and according to their requirement.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the program by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Carry out any other given responsibilities by the BRAC Authority.
- Master’s degree in Social science or relevant discipline preferably an university degree in Sociology, Statistics, Social Science, Economics, Management, Mathematics, Public Administration, Education is preferred) from any recognized university. Professional degree in Education is preferable.
- Excellent speaking and writing ability in English
- Good knowledge in Child education system preferably in Afghanistan
- Computer skills
- Project Management
- Skill on result-based work plan (using logical framework) on strategy including budget related issues
- Report writing skill and ability to write other reports from concerned supervisor with qualitative and quantitative information
- Knowledge on materials development
- Have clear understanding on educational environments, issues and challenges
- At least 8-10 years working experience in education sectors in reputed national or international organizations and at least 3-5 years’ experience at Managerial level
- Skill in project planning, implementing and budget and financial management
- Computer knowledge on MS Office, MS Excel and Power Point, E-mail in internet browsing
- Has strong team management skill
- Has knowledge on community mobilization activities
- Proficiency in both written and spoken in English.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Project Office Kabul, Afghanistan
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 12/2020 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 4 May 2020
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer