Save the Children is the world’s leading, independent organisation for children
Save the Children invites applications for the following positions under an urgent response program to recent Rohingya Crisis in Bangladesh. We are working in different locations in Cox’s Bazar, providing vital services to displaced Rohingya peoples, including distributing the food, shelter, water & sanitation, education, health, nutrition, and child protection needs of the Rohingya refugees, particularly of the children.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates. We are hiring staff on urgent basis, please apply if you can start your work within short notice of time.
Procurement Assistant, Rohingya Response
Number of position: 2 (Two)
Job Nature: Contractual
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Responsibilities/ the Role:
Procurement Assistant will deliver procurement process for all submitted Purchase Requests within agreed delivery lead times, by following all organization’s standard regulations and procedures. S/He will
- Responsible in ensuring all procurement process of assigned PRs conducted in accordance with SCI Procurement Manual and donor requirements, and within agreed delivery lead times.
- Ensure all assigned PRs are registered in PR Tracker from the day it was received, and regular update on progress of assigned PRs are recorded accordingly in the tracker.
- Initiate procurement process of assigned PRs immediately (mainly small and medium value PRs), followed by regular follow ups to different relevant stakeholders, to ensure constant progress of the PRs and that the agreed delivery deadline for each PR is met.
- Maintain a standard filing management for all assigned PRs and ensure copies of procurement documents are filed before original files submitted to Finance for payment processing.
- Ensure due diligence is conducted accordingly for all PRs.
- Serve for the interest of organization and report if any potential fraud is identified.
- Promote and proactively delivering messages during meetings with vendors and other external stakeholders on the importance of Child Safeguarding.
- To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management
Requirements/ Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 year experience in Procurement Management with INGO and/or UN agencies.
- Experience in conducting and managing small and medium value procurement, involving wide range of requesters and various category of supplies.
- Self-organized with excellent administration skills, and has ability to plan and prioritize its own workload to ensure constant progress of work.
- Quick learner and have flexibility on working extra hours when required.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English, with ability to develop various justification of vendor selections.
- Excellent users of Microsoft Excel and Word. Comfortable in using online software for different purposes and work on regular data entry.
- Experience in supporting open tender procurement process.
- Experience in large data entry and filing management.
The Organisation: We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.