No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsibility to drive seasonal trends, block developments and garment innovations adding value to product and reducing costs by product engineering.
- Internal and external measures such as returns rates, sample hit rates and competitor benchmarking.
- Responsible for overall delivery of functional performance metrics including fit – 1/2/3 route seal approval, customer returns and cost of quality along with action planning processes to ensure compliance
- Empower Garment Technologists team to drive a right product – right supplier – right 1st time approach in line with the George technical manual.
- Overall accountability for the Product Development cycle from concept to delivery working to the business critical path.
- Strong ability to influence and communicate with the supplier and UK technologists.
- Empowers the supply base.
- Works and contributes to operating model owned by George UK to drive consistency across the zones
- Set SMART objectives for direct reports, Ensuring alignment across the departments
- Up skilling & coaching supplier base through George Supplier Academy
- Accountable for all supplier visits promoting the George Ways of working
- Implementing and driving utilization of new and existing systems and process and challenging non compliance.
- Relevant experience in a buying / Retail office or manufacturing environment
- Computer literate - proficient in Microsoft office applications
- 3 to 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Strong team leadership & organisational skills
- Champions innovation with team
- Promotes and drives creative thinking
- Empowers and develops others to achieve through leadership & coaching
- Proficient in English & local language written and verbal skills
- Ability to influence and engagement across all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and provide credible solutions
- Challenging thought process to drive continuous improvement
- Strong commercial acumen and strong understanding of market trends to operate in an EDLC environment
- Creating followership to achieve shared goals
- Ability to manage varied and demanding workloads and to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a cross functional team
- Strong personal impact with great communication skills.
- Be able to resolve issues with sound judgement, understanding and interpreting complex situations.
- Ability to interpret and deliver big picture thinking
- Strong credibility within peers and team through independent thinking, which inspires trust and loyalty.
- Deals with colleagues in an open, honest and genuine way which role models the Asda/George beliefs with integrity
- Promotes celebration of success along with engaging in honest conversations and facing into underperformance
- Developing others through a coaching style
- Strong project management skills with proven track record.
Application Deadline : Jun 30, 2015