Job Description / Responsibility
- Galaxy Hotels & Resorts Ltd is pleased to announce its opening as a brand new Boutique hotel. It is an elegant, luxurious and contemporary hotel located at the heart of city posh area Gulshan. The property has been developed under supervision of an International management company starting from its planning, designing and maintaining international standard. The hotel will be operated under the supervision under affiliation with an International Hotel Management company ensuring 5 star standard of service with comfort and convenience associated with warmth hospitality.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department in accordance with international standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, concession stands, suites, and all public spaces.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Daily supervision of the grounds keeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all rooms, concourses, clubs, seating areas and public areas prior gate opening for every event held at the Arena.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Minimum Graduate or Diploma in Hotel Management/ Hospitality Management or related field.
- 3 to 8 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Additional Job Requirements
- Age 22 to 35 year(s)
- Previous experience in managing / supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of Hotel management systems.
- Proven experience in supervising of relevant departments of employees.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- As per company policy
|Galaxy Hotels & Resorts Ltd.|
Address : Taj Marriot (5th floor) 25 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan-1, Dhaka 1212
Web : www.galaxybd.com
Business : Galaxy Bngladesh Group comprises of : Oryx Aviation Ltd - GSA Qatar Airways United Link Ltd - GSA United Airlines Air Galaxy Ltd. Galaxy Travel International Galaxy Holidays Ltd. Galaxy World Logistics Limited GBX Logistics Ltd. Galaxy Health Care Services Galaxy Facilitation Services Ltd. The major activities inclues: Airlines representation, Travel Tourism, HealthCare Services, Forwarding and shipping, etc.