No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Participates in the development of business strategies for the rooms division which are aligned with the overall objectives of the Hotel.
- Develop and implements business strategies for the Housekeeping Department
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Manages the operation of the housekeeping, public space and laundry areas. Ensures that the rooms and public areas are spotless and continually restocked and straightened.
- Develops and implements processes, procedures and standards for assigned departments which support achievement of service and financial goals
- Prepares annual budget; monitors achievement of budget and takes corrective steps as appropriate
- Inspects rooms, public areas and back-of-house areas continually
- Determine appropriate staffing levels for forecasted business and schedules employees accordingly
- Develops and implements process for providing employees with customer service, technical and safety training on an ongoing basis
- Oversees inventory, purchasing, disbursement and cost control for all linens, cleaning supplies, customer room and restroom supplies, laundry supplies etc
- Manages operation of (and/of) outsourced relationship with laundry
- Monitors assigned departments with compliance to safety standards
- Co-ordinates room availability with the Front Office Manager
- Co-ordinates room maintenance with the Chief Engineer
- Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement.
- Recruits and selects qualified candidates
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and their fullest potential
- Monitors the response on guest comment cards; identifies problem areas and formulates solutions.
- Secures keys in accordance with Hotel’s key management policy.
- Supervises ‘Lost and Found’ Department.
- Ensures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures regarding lifting, bending and use of chemicals.
- Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas
- Contributes to the competitive status and profitability of the Hotel by monitoring industry trends and recommending actions to be taken.
- Develops and implements techniques to improve the operation.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Genuine hospitality and by exceeding guests expectations
- Communicates and reinforces the vision for service to employees
- Ensures that employees provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Uses teamwork to support guests and employees
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback, reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and Hotel services
- Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver service and teamwork
- Works in conjunction with the Human Resources Department to ensure that all HR initiatives, both at corporate and hotel level are implemented and adhered to in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Develops and implements strategies in conjunction with Department Heads to achieve goals for Willingness to Return, Customer Complaints per Thousand and Customer Comment Index.
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller;
- Prepares the operating budget for the Housekeeping Department
- Recommends items to be included in the capital budget
- Ensures adherence with the approved budget
- Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action where required
- Controls staffing levels
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objective of this position.
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all other hotel employees to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working environment.
- At all times projects a favourable image of the Hotel to the public.
- Assists in the development of the Hotel business plan and ensures the department has an overall understanding of its goals and objectives.
- Degree/ Diploma in Hotel Management.
- At least 15 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Age 35 to 40 year(s)
- Only males are allowed to apply.
- The candidate should have good command over English.
- At least 5 years as Executive Housekeeper is necessary.
- Pre-opening and international experience will be an added advantage
- Cox's Bazar
- Compensation package will be best suited in the industry for the right candidate.
|Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa Ltd.|
Address : FR Tower (18th floor), 32, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
Web : www.seapearlbd.com
Business : Personnel required for five star 493 rooms international resort - Royal Tulip Sea Pearl Beach Resort coming up on Inani Beach, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh