No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Participates in the development of business strategies which are aligned with the overall objectives of the Hotel.
- Develops and implements business strategies for department
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Directs the operation of the Engineering Department
- Develops plan for completing routine maintenance and renovations; co-ordinates work with Hotel Department Managers
- Identifies and selects vendors as appropriate
- Creates a safe environment for guests and employees by ensuring that the Hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards
- Serves as Project Manager for Hotel renovations; co-ordinates project status with corporate technical services, architects, licensing agencies, contractors and Hotel Management
- Evaluates forecasted business and projects and schedules staff accordingly
- Ensures Hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking corrective actions as needed
- Keeps all mechanical, electrical and structural blue prints up to date
- Ensures that staff is up to date on certifications and training necessary to maintain operating systems
- Prepares engineering budget; monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing employees with the training and resources they need to maximise employee engagement and delver committed service and teamwork.
- Communicates and reinforces the vision for committed service to employees
- Ensures that employees provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Uses teamwork to support guests and employees
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and Hotel services
- Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver committed service and teamwork
- Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement.
- Recruits and selects qualified candidates
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and their fullest potential
- Maintains facilities and equipment by conducting inspections on a regular basis to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, type of operation and maintenance personnel needed.
- Communicates with Department Heads regarding their programs as they pertain to the physical plant
- Maintains library of parts list, maintenance manuals, reference books and catalogue
- Ensures the physical plant is operating in safe, efficient and orderly fashion by directing all phases of maintenance, repair and renovation.
- Assign work orders by priority, delegates duties and supervises work
- Schedules the appropriate preventative maintenance program to be used
- Responds to guest complaints and department service requests
- Assures compliance with all heath, safety and security regulations
- Attends training or seminars to remain current on proper techniques
- Safeguards customers, employee and Hotel assets in the event of an emergency by implementing emergency procedures
- Prepares staff for emergencies by conducting regular training
- Maintains a supply inventory necessary for optimal operating efficiency by initiating purchasing orders for maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, parts and services as required.
- Achieves the best price and suitability of product by appropriately selecting from available contractors and vendors
- Directs and aids in the replacement of those systems that become inadequate or obsolete
- Recommends, establishes and maintains inventory level thresholds based on budget and availability of supplies
- Reviews and approves invoices
- Develops and promotes energy conservation programs by continually monitoring utility costs and consumption
- Maintains logs and journals for all utilities; reviews meter readings and regulates controls
- Designs and supervises recycling programs, aluminium paper, plastic, glass etc
- Ensures the Engineering Department complies with regulations set forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller;
- Prepares the operating budget for the Engineering
- Recommends items to be included in the capital budget
- Ensures adherence with the approved budget
- Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action where required
- Controls staffing levels
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and the General Manager.
- Demonstrates teamwork by co-operating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Handles difficult situations effectively
- Determines and communicates standards of performance to employees. Evaluate employee performance on a regular basis and recommends salary increases as appropriate.
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilising consistency, fairness and respect within a frame of established Brand guidelines.
- Maintains the competitive status and profitability of the Hotel by monitoring industry trends and recommending the appropriate actions to be taken.
- Performs any technical emergency engineering repairs as require; informs the General Manager if other actions need to be taken.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees.
- Ensures that all employees follow safety rules and emergency procedures
- Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas
- Prepares reports as requested, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Keeps General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Works in conjunction with the Human Resources Department to ensure that all HR initiatives, both at corporate and hotel level are implemented and adhered to in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Develops and implements strategies in conjunction with Department Heads to achieve goals for Willingness to Return, Customer Complaints per Thousand and Customer Comment Index.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other hotel employees to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working environment.
- At all times projects a favorable image of the Hotel to the public.
- Assists in the development of the Hotel business plan and ensures the department has an overall understanding of its goals and objectives.
- Your working hours shall be in accordance with the company’s relevant rules as applicable to the department where you are posted from time to time.
- B.S.C (Electrical & Mechanical)/ Diploma of Hotel Management.
- At least 15 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Age At least 40 year(s)
- Only males are allowed to apply.
- The candidate should have good command over English
- Pre-opening and international experience will be an added advantage.
- Cox's Bazar
- Compensation package will be best suited in the industry for the right candidate.
|Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa Ltd.|
Address : FR Tower (18th floor), 32, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
Web : www.seapearlbd.com
Business : Personnel required for five star 493 rooms international resort - Royal Tulip Sea Pearl Beach Resort coming up on Inani Beach, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh