No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION (35%)
- To be responsible for the planning, organization, implementation and donor reporting of ongoing projects of IR,B;
- To develop partnership with the private sector and establishing linkage of beneficiaries products with the market actors;
- To follow-up District Project Managers and lead to ensure smooth implementation of the ongoing projects;
- To lead field team for the development of quality CCA/ Resilience proposals targeting institutional and non-institutional funding.
- Assume budget-holder responsibility for the CCA/ Resilience project to ensure sound financial monitoring and accountability of the project.
- Program/ project development for long-term interventions and seek/or identify sources of funding for new programmes;
- To ensure effective implementation of the program including the development of effective reporting system;
- PROGRAMME MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (25%)
- Conduct internal impact evaluations of the projects and draw adequate recommendations;
- Coordinate with the Program Coordinator-Portfolio to accumulate existing learning and good practice;
- Lead the field team to develop and use innovative approaches to monitor the performance of the CCA/ Resilience projects/ programs in the country
- Ensure that follow up procedures are in place and done regularly
- STRATEGIC PLANNING (15%)
- To assist the Programme Manager (Climate Change) to providing strategic and technical back stopping to CCA/ Resilience within IR’s Bangladesh strategic vision;
- To lead the field team of the projects in the development of CCA/ Resilience in Bangladesh including annual and other regular Reviews and Business Plan;
- To prepare exit strategy and replication of CBDP model in the replication area;
- NETWORKING AND COMMUNICATIONs (15%)
- To represent IRB in CCA/ Resilience forums at national and local level and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same.
- Represent IR,B at regional/national forums/ networks; establishing and maintaining contact with a wide range of organizations/ stakeholders for value addition of program/ project implementation
- Participate in and support national and regional campaign & advocacy working groups as and when required
- CAPACITY BUILDING (10%)
- To identify the needs and support the development of staff and partners to increase their competence in CCA/ Resilience programming.
- To provide relevant training to develop the capacity of IRB team.
- Master Degree in Disaster Management, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology, Social Science or any other relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved university.
- At least 6 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 6 (Six) years Relevant experience in an international NGO’s.
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point etc.
- Experience in managing multi-sector integrated projects and teams within a cross-cultural context.
- Experience working with DRR, Climate Change, Livelihoods and Emergency Response will be preferred.
- Familiarity with Development, DRR and CCA frameworks such as Hyogo framework, Sphere Standards, Do `No harm` policy, Red-Cross/Red-crescent Code of Conduct.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values
- Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility by making timely decisions and being accountable
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities
- Willing to learn on the local mechanisms, culture and development/environmental issues of the region;
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently. Shares information appropriately and who ensures that views of all members of the team are freely expressed
- Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Able to build productive working relationships with external stakeholder, staff and development partners based on respect and good rapport
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Tk. 64958
- Other Benefits will be provided as per IRB HR policy
|Islamic Relief Bangladesh|
Address : Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.irwbd.org
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanatarian and development challenges. We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development â€“ as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.