No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- To provide high quality healthcare in the various medical activities performed by the occupational healthcare centre, including primary healthcare, nutritional care and sexual reproductive health care, according to the MSF protocol;
- To treat patients including prescribing medication and giving patient/caregiver administration advice according to MSF guidelines (in collaboration with the drug dispenser). To participate in the for the rational prescribing and use of medication;
- To recognize patients who require closer observation and/or treatment within the healthcare centre, and ensure their admission to the observation room. Communicating the plan with the observation room nurse, defining an approximate time-span for observation and assisting with the administration of treatment as needed;
- To identify patients who meet our referral criteria and arrange referral after discussion with the referral MD and expat MD;
- To be alert and inform the other national staff MDs and expat team of any notifiable diseases, outbreaks or other health hazards. To complete notification forms, such as for suspected measles cases;
- Refer SRH patients, ANC and PNC mothers and children up to 42 days to SRH Clinic;
- Identify patients at risk for or suffering from SV/IPV and refer to SRH Clinic;
- To complete and comply with clinic data collection tools and protocols daily, distinguishing new cases from the old and choosing the most important diagnosis, and noting the patient origin;
- To assist in other healthcare and emergency response activities in- and outside the clinic as requested. To be flexible, willing to work in different PHC centres and, if needed, on evenings/weekend days, and willing to perform any reasonable additional duties;
- To help if needed, in the training and in the supervision of the nurses, drug dispensers, midwives, and outreach workers for medical issues: e.g. applying medical, nutritional and SRH protocols; basic diagnosis and treatment, rational use of drugs, etc;
- To help out, if needed, in the correct and basic management of the primary health care (PHC) centres (pharmacy/inventory, statistics/data-collection, HR management, vaccination activity), in close cooperation with the nurses, midwives, registrars, etc;
- The employee may be required to perform other tasks, take on other responsibilities, and work in other locations, depending on the needs of the project, including during leave of colleagues;
- To be ready to work in emergencies in any parts of Bangladesh.
- MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution, plus 1 year internship along with relevant legal registration.
- BMDC registration
- 2 to 3 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Only females are allowed to apply.
- Able to represent MSF-OCA with regards to its code of conduct, principles and values;
- Good communication skills: ability to interact as part of a multicultural and multi disciplinary team, including PHC staff and patients;
- Perform all activities in a manner that demonstrates respect for the individual and maintains confidentiality of information relating to patients;
- Ability to organize and priorities workload;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good command in spoken and written English;
- Flexibility to perform other tasks and willingness to work in any part of the country when required
- At least 2 years experience in a hospital or any International NGO
- 20 Annual Leave Days, Medical Coverage etc
|Medecins Sans Frontieres - Holland (MSF)|
Address : MSF-OCA, House-102, Road-13/C, Block-E, Banani, Dhaka-1213
Business : Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in many countries worldwide. MSF has been working in Bangladesh since 1992. MSF was awarded the prestigious `Nobel Peace Prize` in 1999 for its pioneering humanitarian activities since 1971 in several continents.