No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Terms of Reference: Legal Aid and Documentation Officer - The Community Legal Aid Services in the Southwest of Bangladesh (CLASSBd) Project (Based in Tala office with at least 50% field work)
- Accountability: The Legal Aid and Documentation Officer of the Project is accountable to Associate Coordinator (Field) and Project Coordinator.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall legal support component of the project;
- Support field staff to select targeted beneficiaries for providing legal support;
- Support Project Coordinator to recruit panel lawyers at district level;
- Support to organize quarterly union level satellite legal clinic at remote unions using district level panel lawyers;
- Assist beneficiaries to lodge GD/FIR at police station while needed.
- Provide all sorts of support to lodge cases at the respective courts found through legal clinics.
- Provide legal support to beneficiaries at Supreme Court level in association with BLAST.
- Support to legal advocate the for facilitating lower court and higher court cases in favour of targeted people
- Support team members to build their capacity on the legal aspects particularly align with the project's goal, objectives and activities;
- Responsible for overall project documentation and knowledge management which will include document lesson, challenges, case stories and best practices etc.
- Attend the courtyard meeting to check whether it is in line with legal aspects or not;
- Support M&E Officer to measure indicators relating with Legal Aid support
- Visit area offices and project office on regular basis as per necessity
- The required qualification for this position will be minimum LLB from reputed university/institution;
- 3 to 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Practical knowledge of working with poor women and ethnic minorities;
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience, of which must be work in a court;
- Priority will be given who has enrollment in Bangladesh Bar Council.
- Tk. 20000
- Other project benefits