Commercial Officer, Zips
If you want to succeed, join the winning team
|Coats Bangladesh Ltd., a subsidiary of Coats plc, UK, is the world’s leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business in over 70 countries across 6 continents around the world.|
|Coats has a long heritage and has been serving customers for more than 250 years and our products are sold over 100 countries in the world. Our industrial division is 3 times the size of its nearest competitor in industrial thread and our crafts division is the number one global player in the textile crafts market. We are also the market leader in Bangladesh and are looking for a highly energetic professional to work for the position of Commercial Officer, Zips in our Supply Chain team. The job will be based at Dhaka.|
The purpose of the job is to manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process along with the following responsibilities:
• Prepare necessary documentation for LC Opening, Insurance Cover Note, Shipping Documents, Bank and Carrier Line Shipping guaranty ensuring relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example: shipping schedules, letter of credit, declaration, packing, routing, transport and safety documentations.
• Maintain and provide necessary documents to the C&F agents for port clearing.
• Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import activities.
• Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant ICT and other systems within the import function.
• Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and anticipate research on future changes in import and in relevant local territory practices.
• Liaise with C&F service support agents and freight forwarder agents to ensure the smooth clearance of consignments.
• Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant import activities
• Communicate with import related authorities, and customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries.
• Manage and maintain effective and lawful insurance provisions relating to import activities
•Business graduates from any reputed university
•2-3 years’ experience on Commercial, Supply Chain is must
•Knowledge on Customs ACT 1969, Imports and Exports (Control) ACT 1950, Import and Export Policy Order 2012-2015 will be considered as an added advantage
•Ability to negotiate and convince customers positively
•Pleasing personality, ability to deal with the customers with a positive attitude
•Have a sense of urgency
•Excellent persuasion skill and a go-getter
•Good communication skill
The Company offers excellent career opportunities with most competitive salary and benefits package.
Please apply on or before July 07, 2015