No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Directorate: Programme Policy & Campaigns
- Strategic Priority Unit : Land Rights
- Location of posting: Dhaka (with extensive field visit)
- Types of contract : Non Staff Category, fixed term contract
- Duration of Contract: August 15, 2015 to July 14, 2016
- The main purpose of the position is to facilitate the land and water rights issues in achieving overall country strategy paper (CSP) by cooperating team members and implementing programme actions at local and national level. The fellow will support the team through field level mobilization and also through Research activities according to the program, policy and strategic direction. Broadly his /her spans of work encompass activities related to the land-water issues. The fellow is partially responsible for attaining the organizational emergency management and any priority issues that needed by the organization.
- Key responsibilities include (not limited to)......
- Implementing programmatic interventions at local and national level as per the team guideline and supervision:
- Support Local Rights Partners (LRP) in research and evidence collection
- Mobilizing local and regional platforms, CBOs, Movements, People’s agency to claim their rights on land and water body
- Building partnership with national level actors (INGOs, Donors, Networks etc.) to strengthen policy advocacy of AAB
- Writing reports, briefs, research papers, designing campaign materials
- Support the team to review of relevant law, policy and guidelines:
- Literature review and analysis of the current trend in land and water development arena
- Mapping existing policy and practice gap to strengthen programmatic interventions
- Perform any ad-hoc activities as per the team priority and guideline of line manager
- Relationships: She/he will report to Manager - Land Rights of ActionAid Bangladesh. She/he is expected to maintain functional relationship with the team. She/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units. She/he is expected to maintain relationship with relevant Government and Non-government agencies at the national and local level partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Environmental Science, Anthropology, Social Science or equivalent
- At least 1 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Practical working experience of 1 year in development organizations in relevant matter;
- Working experience with Land Rights will be preferred;
- Applicant should have strong verbal and written communication skill both in English and Bangla.
- Well conversant in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Should be gender sensitive and familiar with Human Rights Based Approach
- Relevant research publication in reputed journal will carry an extra weightage
- Knowledge on participatory tools and techniques.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Be proactive in anticipating and seeking out information related to the priorities
- Ability to do extensive field visits for research and documentation
- Tk. 20000
- Per-diam, transport and accommodation during field visit as per AAB Admin Policy.
Business : ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 40 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.