No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Manage alumni relationships and design and deliver programs that contribute to skills development of BYLC alumni.
- Lead teams of alumni to drive community service initiatives and professional development projects.
- Plan, implement, and promote programs in coordination with the BYLC alumni network (BGN) that support BYLC’s vision and mission.
- Mentor and guide the BGN executive board to help them achieve their strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with BYLC colleagues in increasing support for alumni; routinely identify alumni prospects.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of BYLC alumni; maintain regular communication with them via direct contact, emails, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Educate BYLC graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs.
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree from a reputed university in Bangladesh or abroad.
- 4 to 8 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience, ideally a blend of private, social or non-profit sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to forge strong relationships with young people, friendly, warm, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent motivational skills that bring out the strengths of others; demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others to help them to be highly effective leaders.
- Smart, creative, interested in big picture, and enthusiastic about working with youth.
- Strong event management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla are essential.
- Past experience of mentoring young people is highly encouraged.
- Candidates with past teaching experience (professional or voluntary) in a classroom setting will be given preference.
- Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Competitive salary with housing, health and travel allowances.
- Training on leadership and communication from internationally renowned experts.
|Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center (BYLC)|
Address : Plot 3, Road 20, Block J, Baridhara
Web : www.bylc.org
Business : Originally developed at Harvard University in 2008, Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center (BYLC) was established in Bangladesh in 2009 with the vision of creating a more inclusive, tolerant and just society by training the next generation of home-grown leaders. The signature program of BYLC is the four-month long leadership course, Building Bridges through Leadership Training (BBLT). This program, designed for students aged between 17 and 22, is offered twice a year in Dhaka and Chittagong. BYLC also conducts month-long leadership programs for secondary school students, BBLT Junior, and workshops on leadership and entrepreneurship for university students and young professionals. BYLC has over 320 graduates from 11 different programs, and collectively they have completed more than 18,000 hours of service in underprivileged communities. Parallel to this, BYLC hosts the annual Youth Leadership Summit which brings together young people from diverse backgrounds and distinguished innovators and leaders from the private, public and non-profit sectors for a journey of collective exploration, reflection, learning and networking.