No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Job Summary: The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for overall management of payroll under supervision of the Finance Controller and also plays the supervisory role for Finance Officer in the department. S/he maintains the payroll database and updates necessary setup and also ensures development of the software based on changes in policy and procedures. The Payroll Supervisor is responsible to review the monthly payroll in compliance with organizational and Govt policy. S/he also reviews the Payroll Reconciliation Report for offices to ensure accuracy of the payroll every month. S/he assists the Finance Controller to approve online and hard copy payroll documents providing explanation of the payment/calculation. She prepares online Bank Letters for online disbursement of salary and ensures timely payment. S/he is responsible for the total management of online PAR (Personal Activity Report) and provides technical assistance to staff for preparing their online PAR every month. S/he ensures accuracy of the PAR in the system reconciling with CARE Charging Instruction. S/he is responsible for proper allocation of monthly Salary and Benefit based on Personal Activity Report (PAR) for each and every national staff in payroll and also ensures proper Chart field accounts are used during the preparation of System Upload file. The Payroll Supervisor is also responsible for preparing monthly reconciliation report of all payroll expense and liability account codes with People Soft. S/he reviews accruals of Salary and benefit at the closer of a Project or Fund. S/he also makes necessary adjustment of accrued salary and benefits. S/he is responsible to review and verify the accuracy of the final dues of separated staff. S/he guides the Finance Officer of Provident Fund by reviewing resolution and communications to maintain CARE Bangladesh Staff Provident Fund day-to-day Operation and Investment. S/he reviews the reimbursement vouchers for the monthly national staff Provident Fund, CBEMCSL and Income Tax deducted through payroll and Final Payment prepared by the respective Finance Officer. S/he also provides guidance to the Finance and HR officers and Field Office Finance Staff to resolve any payroll related problems as and when required. S/he assists the Finance Controller, Section Managers, HR Director and HR Manager by preparing different management analytical reports on payroll and compensation benefit and also prepares different reconciliation reports as and when required. S/he assists the Finance Controller for developing documents for internal Financial Training/Workshop and also facilitates Payroll issues in the Trainings. S/he is the key responsible person to facilitate all Payroll Audit over the year and prepares necessary reports for Audit as and when required. S/he also provides assistance to employee of CBHQ to open their bank account and maintain professional relationships with banks. S/he must be familiar with the system of CARE Financial, Administrative and HR Policy and have good knowledge on the Payroll Software and Financial Software as well.
- Masters in Commerce preferably in Finance/Accounting
- 3 to 4 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- 3 to 4 years relevant experience.
- Good communication skill both in Bangla and English.
- Very Good computer skill in Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database, MS Access.
- Knowledge on Finance, Administrative and HR Policy.
- Problem solving ability in technical aspect.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Skill on training/coaching on financial aspect.
- Budget and financial report preparation experience.
- Tk. 40340