No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Publication and Reporting (40%)
- Preparing proper documents capturing the process, good practices, lessons and stories from the field and disseminate it properly within and outside IRB.
- Devise the way for collecting the accurate and authentic information/data collection by the field staff through providing/arranging specific training.
- Share project learning, experience and other external collaboration reports to IRB staffs, partners, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Support to internal coordination on knowledge management, including liaison with, and support to, all units on questions concerning knowledge management;
- Assistance in the update of internal policies and guides concerning knowledge management;
- Taking staff meeting minutes and preparing report of review, planning and monitoring visits.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website and extranet.
- B. Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (20%)
- Develop monitoring framework and monitoring tools jointly with PDMER and Impact and Policy Coordinator;
- Support in conducting monitoring and evaluation of the projects in close coordination with the respective Programme Officers;
- To collect, process monitoring and outcome monitoring data and produce information for effective program intervention and tracking of targets;
- Keep track of all project monitoring and evaluation schedules and works with base staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Regularly travel and conduct monitoring visits and produce report;
- Ensure that follow up procedures for actions agreed in team meeting and field activities are in place and are regularly followed in close consultation with the respective CDR team members.
- C. Advocacy (15%)
- Assistance in identifying solutions to questions concerning advocacy and policy options;
- Facilitation of knowledge sharing concerning civil society organisations and other non-governmental stakeholders;
- Organize events inviting donors, GoB counterparts, NGOs, other civil society, and private sector for information sharing sessions;
- Support to the implementation of policies and guidelines concerning publications.
- Support team to develop advocacy strategy in line with advocacy strategy and project deliverables;
- To provide guided plans to the local team members for local advocacy initiatives;
- D. Program Management (20%)
- Assist the Program Coordinators for Knowledge management issues;
- Provide high quality technical assistance to CDR team and local implementing partners for effective delivery of project interventions;
- Ensuring joint development and implementation of quality and innovative programs, which have sustainable, measurable impacts on the lives the vulnerable people in the working area.
- E. Others (5%)
- Contribute in development and implementation of strategic plan/country strategy of IRB specially for disaster risk reduction;
- Ensure coordination and integration across various IRB sectors and approaches in the working areas;
- Other activities as appropriate and determined by Head of Integration and other directions provided by respective PM, COMT and PM’s Forum;
- Ensure integration of Gender, disability, Human Rights and Rights base framework in the program.
- Master degree in Development studies, Disaster Management, Environment science, Economics, Social Science, Geography & Environment or any other relevant discipline from any recognize & UGC approved university
- At least 3 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 (Three) years experience in an international/National NGO’s
- Employment Duration is approximate eighteen months.
- Proven Working knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point & Adobe package etc.
- Experience on DRR context will be added an advantages.
- Experience on URA and CRA, community mobilization, Planning, Advocacy, Monitoring, Budget management etc.
- Skills in project reporting: Can draft report in English, analyzing progress with respect to impact indicators, problems and solutions
- Willing to adapt to IRB’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles
- Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility by making timely decisions and being accountable
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities
- Strong staff management skill.
- Willing to learn on the local mechanisms, culture and development/environmental issues of the region;
- Must have a valid driving license for motorbike & willing to travel in various filed frequently.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Able to build productive working relationships with external stakeholder, staff and development partners based on respect and good rapport.
- Tk. 21146
- Other Benefits will be offered as per organisational HR policy
|Islamic Relief Bangladesh|
Address : Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.irwbd.org
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanatarian and development challenges. We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development â€“ as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.