No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- MONITORING, EVALUATION AND RESEARCH (50%)
- Develop comprehensive M&E framework for different projects in close collaboration with Impact and Policy Coordinator.
- Monitor programme implementation to assess the relevance, feasibility and local impact considering project’s goals and objectives.
- Facilitating data collection techniques and process, providing technical support in conducting qualitative and qualitative surveys and assessments, data analysis and using monitoring tools for different socioeconomic indicators and conducting quarterly and annual internal evaluation in coordination with PDMER department and new concept development.
- Develop TORs for different internal and external studies (baseline line, evaluation)
- Manage external consultants for research activities
- Ensure that project or outcome evaluation access the extent to which planned activities produce the desired outcome among the target population.
- Carry out interim evaluations on a regular basis ensuring outputs are shared to those concerns and concrete action plans are devised and followed.
- Develop different user-friendly and practical M&E tools.
- Keep track of all project monitoring and evaluation schedules and works with base staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- CAPACITY BUILDING (20%)
- Facilitate organizing monitoring and evaluation trainings/sessions and workshops for different staff members of IRB and implementing partners
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of different capacity building initiatives undertake as part of project delivery. .
- PUBLICATION AND REPORTING (20%)
- Preparing proper documents capturing the process, good practices, lessons and stories from the field and disseminate it properly within and outside IRB.
- Devise the way for collecting the accurate and authentic information/data collection by the field staff through providing/arranging specific training.
- Share project learning, experience and other external collaboration reports to IRB staffs, partners, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Support to internal coordination on knowledge management, including liaison with, and support to, all units on questions concerning knowledge management;
- Assistance in the update of internal policies and guides concerning knowledge management;
- Taking staff meeting minutes and preparing report of review, planning and monitoring visits.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website and extranet.
- Collection of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports from each office and edit them before submission.
- Take responsibility to disseminate reports in a timely manner to all stake holders so as to encourage support and follow up.
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports that are objective well organized, with results, assumptions, interpretations, strength, weaknesses, limitations and recommendations.
- INTEGRATION (5%)
- Contribute in development and implementation of strategic plan/country strategy of IRB, especially for disaster risk reduction
- Ensure coordination and integration across various IRB sectors and approaches in the working areas
- Provide strategic support to the Integration, Climate and Disaster Resilient Department
- OTHERS (5%)
- Contribute in development and implementation of strategic plan/country strategy of IRB specially for disaster risk reduction;
- Ensure coordination and integration across various IRB sectors and approaches in the working areas;
- Other activities as appropriate and determined by Head of Integration and other directions provided by respective PM, COMT and PM’s Forum;
- Ensure integration of Gender, disability, Human Rights and Rights base framework in the program.
- Master Degree in Development Studies, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Disaster Management, Economics, Social Science or any other relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved university.
- At least 4 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Job Location is Sullah-Sunamganj. Candidate who will not interested to stay at sullah need not to apply.
- Minimum 4 (Four) years experience managing multi-sector integrated projects and teams within a cross-cultural context.
- Experience working with DRR, Climate Change, Livelihoods and Emergency Response will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point & Statistical & database Software
- Competency and understanding on Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Skills in project reporting: Can draft report in both Bangla and English language
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Fluency in English Written & Spoken.
- Self-management including ability to priorities own workload and work independently And commitment to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural Team.
- Willing to work in the most remote areas of project area.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites frequently.
- Maintain confidentiality in all area of work.
- Tk. 32806
- Other Benefits will be provided as per IRB HR policy
|Islamic Relief Bangladesh|
Address : Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.irwbd.org
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanatarian and development challenges. We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development â€“ as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.