No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Conduct technical survey and environment survey (Pre-survey, post survey etc) of the locally adaptive rick reduction and adaptation interventions indentified through community risk assessment process as per project requirement.
- Prepare detailed estimate, drawing, BoQ etc of the hardware activities including but not limited to link road, community shelters, individual shelters, water and sanitation schemes etc.
- Ensure proper and quality implementation of the hardware activities.
- Carry out regular site visits to supervise ongoing activities.
- Assist the project team in finalizing list of beneficiaries for hardware activities.
- Conduct environmental screening of the selected/identified interventions/schemes.
- Review and validate contractor’s bills and vouchers submitted to IRB before each payment is processed.
- Conduct post survey of interventions/schemes in view of environmental issues.
- Regular coordination with other APOs working in the area to ensure community engagement through the process (from identification to monitoring and evaluation)
- Ensure appropriate operation and maintenance of shelters and other staff and communities on technical issues.
- Support project team in maintaining attendance sheet/labor payment process.
- Ensure proper reporting and photo documentation of hardware activities.
- Support for the procurement of materials as per requisition, quotation collection etc.
- Facilitate community led procurement without any compromise on the quality of work.
- Coordination & networking with relevant stakeholders including PIO, DPHE engineer etc.
- Participate in project planning and implementation process.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Lime Management.
- B.Sc or M.Sc or diploma in Civil Engineering from any recognizes & UGC approved university/institute.
- At least 3 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 (Three) years experience in an international/National NGO’s
- Proven Working knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point & Adobe package etc.
- Working experience in WASH will be added an advantages.
- Skills in project reporting: Can draft report in English.
- Willing to adapt to IRB’s norms and values.
- Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility by making timely decisions and being accountable
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities
- Strong staff management skill.
- Willing to learn on the local mechanisms, culture and development/environmental issues of the region;
- Must have a valid driving license for motorbike & willing to travel in various filed frequently.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Able to build productive working relationships with external stakeholder, staff and development partners based on respect and good rapport
- Tk. 24479
- Other Benefits will be provided as per IRB HR policy
|Islamic Relief Bangladesh|
Address : Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.irwbd.org
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanatarian and development challenges. We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development â€“ as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.