No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for all the school level activities including selection of schools, school safety planning, awareness sessions, mock drills etc.
- Coordination with the Mason Forum and conduct relevant activities such as arranging workshops, sessions and monthly meetings.
- Acting as the focal person for the inclusion issues for socially excluded groups (women, elderly, PWD) and conduct relevant activities such as arranging sessions, data collection, reporting, door-to-door coordination, event arrangement, etc.
- Implementation the other planned activities in the field offices operation areas to ensure achievement of the project objectives.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the project activities.
- Ensure effective coordination with the local NARRI partner VARD in relevant activities such School, Mason Forum and Inclusion.
- Coordination with the organizational focal person for Inclusion, SSP and Mason Forum.
- Ensure that local purchase and expenditure are done as per Islamic Relief Bangladesh policy.
- Maintain the stock book, Inventory and other essential register properly and timely in effective manner.
- Checking the all bill voucher within the team and forwarded to Finance officer for necessary action.
- Effectively coordinate with other team members to ensure smooth and effective functions of field office management in all respect.
- Maintain congenial and comfortable team atmosphere among the field office.
- Ensure preparation of all periodic reports on implementation progress including financial report.
- Master degree in Development studies, Disaster Management, Environment science, Economics, Social Science, Geography & Environment or any other relevant discipline from any recognize & UGC approved university
- At least 3 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 (Three) years experience in an international/National NGO’s
- Employment Duration is approximate eighteen months.
- Proven Working knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point & Adobe package etc.
- Experience on DRR context will be added an advantages.
- Experience on URA and CRA, community mobilization, Planning, Advocacy, Monitoring, Budget management etc.
- Skills in project reporting: Can draft report in English, analyzing progress with respect to impact indicators, problems and solutions
- Willing to adapt to IRB’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles
- Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility by making timely decisions and being accountable
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities
- Strong staff management skill.
- Willing to learn on the local mechanisms, culture and development/environmental issues of the region;
- Must have a valid driving license for motorbike & willing to travel in various filed frequently.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Able to build productive working relationships with external stakeholder, staff and development partners based on respect and good rapport
- Tk. 21146
- Other Benefits will be offered as per organisational HR policy
|Islamic Relief Bangladesh|
Address : Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.irwbd.org
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanatarian and development challenges. We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development â€“ as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.