Job Description / Responsibility
- The Project: Adolescent Health Skills Strengthening Activity (AHSSA) is a USAID funded $6,000,000 project that aims to empower female and male adolescents to advocate for their own needs and desires in order to delay marriage until at least ages 18 and 21, the legal marriage age for girls and boys respectively, and delay first birth until the age of 20 for girls. AHSSA will improve the health and well-being of girls and boys, especially girls as they develop into adults and prepare for motherhood; and ultimately, enable healthier babies to be born to healthier mothers.
- Job summary: The Project Director will have authority and oversight over the project, including managing all activities of sub-recipients, coordinating all program-focused strategic planning and decision making, and staff management. The PD will serve as key liaison with USAID, the Government of Bangladesh, implementing partners, and other stakeholders. Primary responsibilities include providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the program, assuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and ensuring program performance, achievement of program requirements and adherence to donor regulations.
- Level of effort: 36 months
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide overall technical and managerial oversight and leadership for the project.
- Ensure efficient management of financial resources, including the review and approval of program budgets and monitoring expenditures.
- Supervise field operations, administration, logistics and procurement.
- Oversee management, delivery, and monitoring of sub-grants.
- Supervise program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting and ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by the grant and donors.
- Assure full compliance with all USAID, Plan, and other fiduciary regulations.
- Serve as a principal liaison with Government of Bangladesh, USAID, project partners and stakeholders, and other donors to ensure effective program implementation and to build lasting relationships.
- Key Interactions:
- Report to: Country Director
- Supervises: Yes
- Physical Environment:
- Typical office environment with extensive travel in domestic project areas.
- This is a full-time, three-year position based in Dhaka. Please note that hiring against the position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Minimum Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related field; Ph.D. or DrPH preferred.
- At least 10 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Strong knowledge of adolescent, family planning, and gender issues programming, and a strong knowledge of the culture and context of Bangladesh.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading, managing and implementing efforts to improve ASRH outcomes for adolescents
- Significant experience managing large-scale, multi-year USG-funded programs. With a strong track record of successfully managing USAID-funded programs including previously serving as a Program Director in Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management including USAID rules and regulation and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender.
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects with rigorous timelines and deliverables and to track program quality through donor approved monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff.
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and supervising teams of international and local staff.
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; knowledge of Bangla preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
|Plan International Bangladesh|
Business : Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children`s development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. In 2012, Plan worked with 84 million children in 90,131 communities. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations but having a vision of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people`s rights and dignity. Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) is Plan`s Child Rights approach in which children, families and communities are active and leading participants in their own development. Plan`s Global Strategic Goal is to reach as many children as possible with high-quality programs that deliver long-lasting benefits. Children are at the heart of everything we do.