No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Oxfam is looking for a dynamic team player to work with Oxfam in Bangladesh. He /she will be reportable to Business Services Director. The contract duration is two years initially (Only Bangladeshi national are eligible to apply).
- Job purpose: To ensure the finance function within Oxfam in Bangladesh efficiently and effectively supports the country program.
- Roles & Responsibilities:.......
- Provide overall management and co-ordination of the work of the finance teams.
- Lead on and support programme teams in assessments and building financial management capacity of Partners.
- Conduct monitoring visits to partner organisation on a regular basis in line with Oxfam-partner agreements.
- To be accountable for the implementation of the corporate and divisional finance policies and procedures, ensure effective financial management, asset management and financial accountability within the Country.
- To support the Business Services Director with the resource planning (budgeting) process and ensure review, consolidation and submission of country budget within regional timeframe.
- Responsible for financial management (including Banking, cash flow and Asset management) across the programme.
- Ensure quality and accurate monthly finance returns and reports/summaries.
- To ensure the preparation of high quality country financial reports by consolidating the country accounts in a computerized information system.
- Review/monitor Country financial performance against budget, provide analysis/commentary on these as required by the region.
- Ensure that all donor- financial reporting requirements are complied with and that donor financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the bankers and other government departments on financial issues and audits.
- To be responsible for the implementation of Oxfam’s relevant organizational standards and compliance with legal obligations.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting requirements in the region including providing audited regional accounts for the Bangladesh Government.
- Ensure internal control procedures exist and are followed.
- To lead on Financial Management and risk assessments for scale up/down for emergencies.
- Manage Oxfam staff, volunteers and consultants/service providers. effectively, using corporate systems and ensuring competencies are equal to the programme’s demands.
- Actively implement Oxfam GB’s policies in the recruitment and employment of staff, volunteers, or consultants/service providers.
- Draw up budgets for all projects and activities, manage spending within budgets, and provide justifications for variances to the WIN & Communications Manager.
- Ensure that proper administration and logistics systems and procedures are followed in the procurement of goods and services.
- Actively embodies the centrality of influencing in Oxfam in Bangladesh’s country strategy.
- Qualified Finance Manager with relevant degree. MBA desirable.
- At least 10 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Job Specific:
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in providing a whole range of financial services to an organisation, ideally with at least 3 years in the International NGO.
- Proven high level of financial management skills and high level human resources skills.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets
- Ability to influence senior managers and peers over a wide range of issues.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver complex and technical messages in simple terms.
- Experience of working in highly complex political environments.
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
- The ability to adapt to different cultures.
- Must demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to gender issues.
- Experience of working in insecure environments and of implementing security policies.
- Achieving Results:
- Plans activities in advance, establishes clear priorities and regularly reviews them.
- Works to ensure that targets are met, reviews and amends resource allocation in respect of targets and seeks better ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates perseverance and determination in achieving results.
- Willingness to take initiative, make decisions based on sound analysis and ensures these decisions are communicated to relevant parties.
- Thinking and understanding:
- Takes an integrated approach when planning own work, is aware of the implications of own decisions on others and aligns thinking to organisational values.
- Analyses issues from multiple perspectives and gives consideration to future impacts.
- Encourages staff and partners to learn from one another and facilitates knowledge sharing across the organisation.
- Gathers information from multiple sources and is able to identify critical information.
- Self Management:
- Able to function in high pressure situations while maintaining emotional control.
- Shows insight, seeks feedback from multiple parties and is willing adapt behaviour where necessary.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, acknowledges the contributions people make and demonstrates integrity in dealing with others.
- Able to respond to changes in work schedules and patterns when necessary with sufficient flexibility and resilience
- Leading Others:
- Inspires and encourages others to meet their targets and demonstrates enthusiasm for work.
- Helps others do their job better and progress personal learning, and provides coaching, feedback, and ensures training and expert support are available.
- Able to delegate and offers coaching and support to ensure success with the task.
- Monitors progress of work, gives clear directions and uses a range of leadership styles as appropriate.
- Role models and encourages others to seek and act upon opportunities for different or innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Working effectively with others:
- Participates in organisational initiatives and is willing to place personal targets second in favour of other organisational priorities
- Is aware of issues that may affect the work of others, draws others attention to these issues and provides/seeks guidance and coaching as needed.
- Takes time to listen to others and asks questions to ensure understanding, brings disagreement into the open for discussion and acts as a facilitator/coach during discussions and moderates own views/perspectives for the good of the group.
- Aware of what information needs to be given to whom and is able to communicate messages in an appropriate way.
- Identifies critical people in any decision process, has developed a range of different approaches and selects the appropriate style for the situation.
- Attractive salary and benefits will be paid as per national salary scale with other benefits e.g. medical for spouse and children, contributory provident fund, gratuity and life Insurance etc.
Business : Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 98 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organisation and welcomes applications from women and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam follows an integrated approach of humanitarian, development and policy work while the last one utilises high-impact and world class policy research, lobby/advocacy, media and communication, popular mobilization and alliance works.