Job Description / Responsibility
- Project name : Bangladesh: Feed the Future Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition
- Award # : AID-388-A-15-00005
- Timeframe : ASAP – June 14, 2020
- Supervisor : Chief of Party (Dhaka Based)
- Project Information:
- ACDI/VOCA, a leading international development organization, based in Washington, D.C., is currently implementing a $6 million, five-year program entitled “ Feed the Future Bangladesh Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition Project” funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Through the Feed the Future Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition project, USAID/Bangladesh seeks to impact rural household nutrition by improving the utilization of livestock products, and Food Security.
- Feed the Future Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition aims to increase livestock productivity through increased access to better livestock management techniques and primary animal health care services, improve access of rural households to hygienic, diverse, and quality food in order to enhance nutrition and health status, especially of women and children.
- General Purpose:
- The Deputy Chief of Party/Nutrition Team Lead will assist the COP in directing and implementing efficient management processes. S/he will assist the COP in ensuring that the project attains targets and remains in full compliance with USAID regulations and procedures, and ACDI/VOCA policies. The DCOP/Nutrition Team Lead will work with Feed the Future Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition Senior Staff to develop synergies between components, and ensure that activities address priorities related to increasing livestock productivity, improving access of households to diverse and quality food, and improving nutrition-related behaviors of households. S/he will work closely with the COP to develop a constant feedback loop between the M&E Manager and the technical implementation teams, ensuring the roll-out of a result based management approach.
- Position Summary:
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice and direction, and administrative oversight
- Address priorities related to increasing livestock productivity, improving access of households to diverse and quality food, and improving nutrition-related behaviors of households
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for nutrition-focused initiatives
- Contribute to the cross-cutting goals of the program (i.e. gender and climate change)
- Assist with management of relationships with local organizations, private sector stakeholders, and government bodies
- Prepare/assist in preparation of periodic written and oral reports to USAID and ACDI/VOCA headquarters
- Review of all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Contribution to work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Ensure effective cooperative agreement management, reporting, communications and relationship management with USAID
- A minimum educational qualification of a Master’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- At least 12 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 12 years or more of work experience in managing and implementing nutrition related activities with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills
- In-depth knowledge of the public and private institutions in Bangladesh relevant to this project
- Must have demonstrated managerial, administrative, reporting, and representational skills.
- Ability to establish a broad variety of professional relationships in project interest
- Have a record of achieving project objectives in a context of similar scope and challenges
- Spoken and written fluency in English
Business : Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $140 million.