Job Description / Responsibility
- Job Description: The overall responsibility of the Technical Officer (CBDP and SBDP) is to Coordinate the overall activities of Community Based Disaster Preparedness (CBDP) and construction aspect (small scale mitigation and WASH facilities) of the School Based Disaster Preparedness (SBDP) component in the field with different stakeholders. The “Technical Officer” needs to ensure the implementation of plan activities of the two components, organize community trainings and supervise the work of Field Assistants and Volunteers.
- Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation of CBDP activities and construction aspect of SBDP in consultation with the Project Officer and Senior Project Officer in line with the plan of action.
- Responsible for organizing activities related to the project, such as project information events, Baseline Survey, Site Selection for WASH facility construction, Supervision of construction works. Ensure quality goods and works. Assist in collecting necessary permission from respective authority(s) (e.g. construction permission). Develop and facilitate Trainings, Workshops, Awareness raising sessions and rallies. Plan and supervise survey and distributions. Conducts monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ensure the implementation of structural mitigation activities along with contributions from the Upazila, Union and communities.
- Ensure the speedy and effective achievement of project activities as per required results.
- Work close with the logistical department for the purchase/ supply of specific materials for project activities.
- Plan and supervise the program implementation, meet deadlines and adhere to predefined technical specifications.
- Supervise and provide support to the Field Assistants and volunteers of CBDP and SBDP components.
- Conduct regular field visit, monitoring, collect data, keep project information updated, prepare monthly reports and submit to Senior Project Officer.
- Coordinate with BDRCS Unit Level Officer, volunteers, Upazila and Union administration and other stakeholders, where appropriate.
- Conduct any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Development planning or related field
- At least 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Skill & Knowledge:
- Sound interpersonal and organizational skill
- Demonstrated leadership skill
- Fluent in Bangla and English
- Valid driving license for motorbikes
- Good command of MS software products: Excel, Word, Outlook etc
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities
- Training and presentation skill
- Report writing skill
- Ability to priority multiple task and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Red Cross/Red Crescent its activities and ideals
- Educational attainment and relevant experience:
- At least 5 years experience in related field
- Experience of working within the RC/RC Movement
- Experience of working in rural areas
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people
- Excellent team player and gender sensitive
- Integrity and high standards of personal conduct
- Anywhere in Bangladesh
|German Red Cross Office Dhaka|
Address : 684-686, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh