Job Description / Responsibility
- Reporting to: Manager – Research, Learning and Evaluation
- Duration : One year initial contract, renewable depending on performance and availability of fund. Probable starting date is September 2015.
- Functional Relationship: The Program and Research Analyst is responsible for designing and producing research learning that assess the effectiveness of projects and designing special studies that enhance the rigor and depth of development programming. The Program and Research Analyst (Qualitative) will report directly to the Manager of Research, Learning, and Evaluation and closely coordinate with the Country Director and Deputy Manager of Research, Learning, and Evaluation. This position will directly manage short term (contract staff) in addition to part time task management of two to three additional staff persons. Depending on the experience of the selected applicant this position may be promoted to Senior Program and Research Analyst.
- Specific Responsibilities:................
- Planning and design:
- Working with Project staff and the officers in the Learning and Reflection Unit, create work-plans to meet data collection and analysis needs of HKI projects;
- Keep abreast of key research in HKI’s topical areas and innovative and cutting edge research designs and methodologies
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing within the organization by making data accessible to field teams;
- Seek out and follow up on opportunities for opportunities that enhance the visibility of HKI’s research expertise.
- Design and translate questionnaires, including questionnaire guidelines.
- Data management and analysis:
- Prepare data analysis plans, creating systems through which data can be cleaned and managed efficiently
- Identify the ways to improve the data quality.
- Archive datasets.
- Conduct analysis of HKI data and prepare draft reports, bulletins, and scientific articles under the direction of the Manager - Research, Learning, and Evaluation (HKI). This includes responsibilities to prepare abstracts for presentation to relevant conferences.
- Field coordination and training:
- Help design and lead training for qualitative data collection teams
- Provide regular field supervision
- Recruit and manage contract teams of data collectors, supervisors, and data entry staff.
- Maintain logistical supplies for data collection needs and requisition equipment and software
- A Masters/Doctoral Degree in Nutrition, Public Health (with emphasis in Nutrition), Anthropology, Sociology, Social work, or other relevant field. Candidates with a commensurate level of experience will also be considered.
- At least 2 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- At least two (2) years’ practical relevant experience in qualitative research and analysis.
- In depth knowledge of qualitative and mixed methods approaches, such as cognitive methods, social network analysis, barrier analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated track record in undertaking and supporting timely data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Effective planning and organizations Skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, work with, and positively contribute to teams;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of information technologies to HKI program areas including Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access as well as software to organize qualitative data (Nvivo and/or Atlas.ti)
- Communication and language skills: Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with external contacts, as well as internal colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret most complex documents, and to prepare presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and public groups.
- Familiarity with statistical (STATA, r, SPSS, etc.) or data visualization software (Tableau, reviews, etc)
|Helen Keller International|
Address : House No. 10F, Road No.82, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.hki.org