Job Description / Responsibility
- Reporting to : Manager – Research, Learning and Evaluation
- Duration : One year initial contract, renewable depending on performance and availability of fund. Probable starting date is September 2015.
- Functional Relationship: The Manager of the Institutionalization of National Nutrition Activities Mapping (INNAM) project will be responsible for establishing systems to collect and visualize information on the geographic coverage of nutrition activities in Bangladesh and to then institutionalize said system in a government institution. The Manager – INNAM will report directly to the Manager of Research, Learning and Evaluation and closely coordinate with the Country Director and Deputy Manager of Research, Learning and Evaluation. This position will directly manage 1-2 staff positions in addition to part time task management of two additional staff persons and will collaborate closely with government officials.
- Specific Responsibilities: This project will build on a national-level stakeholders mapping carried out in 2013 that collected and analyzed information on the activities of government, development partners, NGO, private sector, and academic partners across Bangladesh, by fine-tuning and replicating the mapping exercise to ensure information is up-to-date and adapting it to an online, survey-style format. After updating and simplifying the systems data collection process through coordination with the Management Information Systems of the Directorate General of Health Services and the Nutrition Information and Planning Unit of the National Nutrition Services, INNAM will transfer a system for collecting, managing, and monitoring data on nutrition activities, with the capacity to generate reports and maps. This system will serve as an invaluable resource to the GoB and other stakeholders to effectively coordinate, plan, and implement nutrition-related activities in Bangladesh.
- Analyze the needs and develop working relationship with stakeholders from the GoB, bilateral, and NGO communities.
- Lead (re)development of data collection tools & guidelines based on work undertaken in 2013 through an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of institutions in order to ensure the system is designed with user needs in mind and is transferable to the government system.
- Manage the collection of project data producing annual reports that map the coverage of programs across Bangladesh against nutritional prevalence and headcount rates.
- Develop indicators of program coverage, classification, and quality that are easy to collect across funding and implementing organizations.
- Generate systems that enable routine data to be clearly visualized by stakeholders with low levels of technical skill.
- A Masters/Doctoral Degree in Nutrition, Public Health (with emphasis in Nutrition), Statistics, GIS, Economics, Informatics, or other relevant field. Candidates with a commensurate level of experience will also be considered.
- At least 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- At least five years’ practical relevant experience in quantitative design and analysis.
- Demonstrated track record in undertaking and supporting data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Effective Planning and Organizations Skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, work with, and positively contribute to teams;
- Strong technical knowledge of Nutrition and Child Survival programs in the developing world
- Communication and language skills: Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with external contacts, as well as internal colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents, and to prepare presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and public groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of information technologies to HKI program areas including Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook; Knowledge of various analytical/statistical software including DHS2, Stata, etc.
- Experience with mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative methodology and analysis) preferable.
|Helen Keller International|
Address : House No. 10F, Road No.82, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.hki.org