Job Description / Responsibility
- Project Name : Accelerating Capacity for Monitoring and Evaluation (ACME)
- Timeframe : September 01, 2015 – October 31, 2015
- Job posting : Dhaka and project offices of Implementing Partners
- Supervisor : Chief of Party, ACME
- Project Information: The primary objective of ACME is to develop and implement - M&E systems that will enable USAID to effectively use performance information in decision making and fulfill its performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting and information dissemination requirements. The development hypothesis is that if ACME accurately monitors and evaluates the results of Development Objective DO 2 and DO 4, then USAID/Bangladesh will be able to effectively use evidence-based performance information in decision making to improve Bangladesh's food security and responsiveness to climate change projects. Among others, ACME is responsible for conducting performance evaluation of DO 2 and DO4 projects in the middle and the end of their lifetimes. IBTCI is seeking a National Energy Expert for the Catalyzing Clean Energy in Bangladesh (CCEB) Evaluation to be conducted under this contract.
- Position Summary: The National Energy Expert will be a key member of a four person evaluation team including international experts in clean energy.
- Duties and Responsibilities:........................
- Collection of background materials upon request by the evaluation team leader;
- Desk review of materials;
- Assistance to Team Leader in developing methodologies, work plans and report outlines;
- Participation in debriefings with USAID team;
- Assistance to Team Leader in setting and conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders;
- Assistance to Team Leader in interviewing local stakeholders at project sites;
- Debriefing with USAID and project implementing partners;
- Assistance to Team Leader in developing evaluation and Mid Term Evaluation report;
- Master’s degree
- At least 7 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in energy project development project, natural resource management, environmental economics or other related fields plus 7 years of experience, OR ;
- Twelve years of experience in energy project development, natural resource management, environmental economics or a related field;
- Good understanding and knowledge of GHG emissions in the Bangladeshi context;
- Strong background and experience in both clean energies and conventional energies;
- Experience with USAID GCC/NRM projects will be an advantage;
- Experience in energy program/project evaluation is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent skills using the full suite of Microsoft products;
- Prior working experience with GIS;
- Strong oral communications and writing skills;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Fluency in Bangla and English.
|International Business and Technical Consultants Inc.|
Business : International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a US based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over eighty-five countries and has implemented over 150 projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in practice areas of Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountancy and Financial Management; Procurement Services; Banking and Finance and Private Sector Development.