Job Description / Responsibility
- The overall objective of this project is to reduce the impact of water borne diseases in targeted rural areas by increased access to resources and promoting the good sanitations and hygienic practices. The following activities will be implemented through this program:
- Water infrastructure construction (Ring well, Tube well, pond sand filter, spring catchment, Communal water point) and Rehabilitation (Ring well, Tube well, ponds)
- Distribution of household water purifier
- Water management committee training & handover
- Hygiene promotion through a health and anthropological centered approach
- This program is the fruit of 5 years experiences, and will follow a participative and human centered approach in order to deliver an integrated wash program focused on technical, social and economic components.
- Affectation: South East Bangladesh
- Start of the activities: August 2015
- Duration of the contract: 05 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Responsibilities and description of tasks:
- Program Manager is a senior management position. She / He will be responsible to monitor the activities implemented by water, sanitation, hygiene promotion and community mobilization teams in the communities, manage human resources linked to these activities, plan and organize work, prepare and develop technical designs, drawings and BOQ’s, control materials follow-up and coordinate with other departments of the organization. She / He need to ensure people and project (direct operation management) efficiently and maintain relationship with a broad range of beneficiaries and stakeholders. She / He are expected to deliver good quality of project progress reports.
- Program Manager will engage in:
- Designing, planning and implementation of new projects as needed
- Preparation of the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
- Preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Management of the program team
- Capacity development of staff and ensuring cross cutting issue (gender, DRR, disability and accountability) in the program.
- Monitoring & Follow-up of the activities, results and indicators
- Implementing activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarity International technical requirements, and donor criteria
- Technical support on water and sanitation activities
- Logistic support: follow up of quotations, contracts, orders and purchases
- Proposing program changes WASH activities according to the changing environment and indicators
- Collaboration with the administrative service, contribute to the development of program budgets, budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Writing the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Conducting workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Sharing with the Field Coordinator any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Writing reports and annexes concerning his/her activities for donor reports and/or amendment
- Maintaining a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, and other international agencies in cooperation with the Field Coordinator and Program Coordinator
- Hierarchical relationships: Program Manager works under the direct responsibility of Field Coordinator.
- Bachelor or higher degree preferably in civil/water and sanitation engineering, disaster management, water resources development, environmental science or geography with practical experiences on WASH project
- At least 3 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in WASH programs implementation and management, including emergency response to disasters and community-level engagement/participatory approach
- Have work experiences in NGO or INGO and Project Management
- Core Competencies:
- Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Technical expertise in WASH infrastructures
- Strong management skills and capacity to train and delegate to his team
- Interested in / concerned by humanitarian issues
- Adaptability / Flexibility, Autonomy, Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated leadership in emergency situations.
- Ability to negotiate in a complex environment
- Computer skills : Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook, Autocad, Google-earth and Arcview or Map Info
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bangla and English
- Knowledge of the area is fully appreciated
- Other key competencies:
- Good interpersonal and team building skills, Participatory management skills, networking and collaboration, negotiation, strategic decision making and problem solving.
- Anywhere in Bangladesh
- According to SI Salary grid and candidates experience. Include other benefits.
Application Deadline : Aug 12, 2015