ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Programme Officer – Capacity Building and Implementation
|Project||: POWER (Promoting Opportunities for Women’s Empowerment and Rights) Project|
|Directorate||: Programme, Policy & Campaign|
|Location of posting||: Dhaka (With extensive field visits)|
|Types of contract||: Contractual|
|Duration||: Up to 2020|
|Number of position||: 1 (One)|
|Salary and benefits||: Monthly Gross Salary will be 57,122/- with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.|
The objective of the position is to facilitate initiatives on Women’s Rights and Women Economic Empowerment issues in the working areas to build economic alternatives. The incumbent will facilitate relevant stakeholders and partners to implement the POWER project towards create and boost up opportunities for women social and economic development. The general functions of the Programme Officer is to assist Project Manager of POWER project to address issue of unpaid care work; promote sustainable agriculture; promote gender sensitive access to market and value chain; address Violence against women (VAW); prepare action plan; reporting; and document best practice. S/he will support to ensure strong and active visibility of the project intervention online and offline and media campaign; expected to develop IEC, BCC contents/materials. Finally, the person should have a good command in English.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Program development, management and documentation
- Assist to project design, implement and monitoring on women economic empowerment including unpaid care work, sustainable agriculture, market access and stop violence against women
- Develop project implementation strategy and plan
- Find out scope of and integrate women economic empowerment programme/issues with other strategic priority
- Provide technical support to develop entrepreneur, their association and market linkage
- Issue identification and innovative idea generation
- Assessment and integration of women economic empowerment programme at community level.
- Ensure integration of unpaid care work in women economic empowerment interventions in project and support to implement it
- Produce contents for IEC and BCC materials (Case study, photo story, newsletter, fact sheet, video documentaries etc.)
- Support to prepare monthly, quarterly/six monthly progress report
- Assist Project Manager for different report preparation of the project
- Organise actions to disseminate lessons learnt and best practices by
Partnership Management and Capacity Building
- Maintain coordination with project partners and strengthening networks.
- Identify capacity building needs and build capacity of project partner and staff on unpaid care work, sustainable agriculture, market access and SVAW with consultation of partner staff and line manager.
- Provide technical support, field visit and monitoring partner performance in the relevant areas.
- Assist to link issues with local and national level movement, networks etc.
- Develop IGA Module and facilitate different training on unpaid care work, sustainable agriculture, market access and stop violence against women (SVAW).
Campaigning and Communication at different levels
- Assist to design and implement campaign/advocacy and solidarity interventions of the project
- Assist to organise meetings, policy dialogue, seminars for advocacy on women economic empowerment issues including sustainable agriculture, market access, unpaid care work etc at community to national level.
- Support Project Manager to ensure linkage between national and local networks, women collectives/groups, alliances for greater alliance building to influence the policy formulation and implementation on women rights and economic empowerment issues
Programme Officer- Capacity Building and Implementation will report to Manager – POWER Project of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, greater programme team including project teams under PPC Directorate and organization’s priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both programme and operational.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Master’s in social science (Anthropology/ Development Studies/ Gender Studies/ etc) or relevant other disciplines.
- Training on value chain and training curriculum development is strongly preferable.
- Having professional course or training on women access to market, business studies is preferable.
- At least 2 years working experiences in development organizations in relevant programme. Preferably worked in International NGO, National NGO
- Good understanding and experience on women economic, political and social empowerment.
- Experience of working on women’s access to market is added advantage
- Working experience on alliance building and networking is added value
- Strong command in English for writing and communication.
- Having social research experience is preferable.
- Skilled in budget preparation including breakdown in monthly, quarterly and annually, follow up of budget utilization.
- Expertise in Report writing and documentation
- Strong command in designing visibility actions and using MS Office package, email and internet
- Good negotiation, motivational, team building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill
- Experience in participatory planning, implementation and monitoring
- Team player with strong experience in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments
- Good experience in working with INGOs and CSOs is preferred
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Thursday, 07 March 2019.
- Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরি গুলোও – এগুলো সহজ এবং বলতে গেলে প্রায় বিনা শিক্ষায় বিনা অভিজ্ঞতায় পাওয়া যেতে পারেঃ
বলতে গেলে বিনাশর্তে ⇒ গ্রামিনফোনে/ বাংলালিংক/ টেলিটক/ এয়ারটেল সার্কুলার হয়েছে – HSC/SSC সহ পাসে ৩৪০০০ পর্যন্ত বেতন অভিজ্ঞতার দরকার নেই এমন সার্কুলারও থাকতে পারে
অফিসে না গিয়েও⇒ বাসায় থেকেই ৬৪৯ টাকা পারডেহিসেবে চাকরিটি করতে পারেন প্রতিদিন হিসেবে মাসিক বেতন Work at Home