|A Dhaka based leading national level NGO engaged in socio-economic development since 1974 invites application from suitable candidates for the position of Program Officer-Child Protection & Child Rights Governance for its Save the Children supported Shishuder Jonno Integrated Child Development Program (SJICDP) being implemented in urban area of Dhaka.
Position: Program Officer-Child Protection & Child Rights Governance
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program development and delivery:
Support the development and delivery of program and activities of a high quality that contribute to the objectives of the project plan and drive maximum benefit from all activities. This includes:
- Receive close technical support from PM-ICDP and provide technical support to field level team members in the implementation of Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights Governance (CRG) activities.
- Ensure program operation in field site/s following integrated approach by integrating CRG/NCTF-RB (National Children’s Task Force), CP with others components.
- Guide to Community Mobilization, CO and others for facilitating children (0-19 years) & parents to receive appropriate information on child rights and access to avail.
- Organize and conduct training/ orientation and event at the community level for developing their capacity as well as other stakeholders like CBCPC.
- Facilitate training and workshop with government primary school teachers and SMC members on positive discipline and accelerate safe and child friendly school environment.
- Follow up session, services and provide necessary support to field team members.
- Maintain liaison with local government authority(s) like District Administration, Ward Counselor of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), District Children Affairs Officer (DCAO), Bangladesh Shishu Academy, NCTF district executive committee, local technical partners.
- Necessary support to NCTF-RB executive committee members and NCTF activity.
- Assist to develop module, IEC materials, checklist, necessary formats etc.
- Contribute to the development of program work plans and ensure effective implementation resulting children enjoying improved access to their rights.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring, revision and reporting in accordance with organization’s requirements.
- Supervising Resource Centre (RC) including RC Facilitators and others supervisee
- RC and Community Educators/Organizers’ Capacity Building on assigned program component
- Engage in community mobilization and mobilize community on the issues around child rights and protection.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, seminars, workshops as desired by the program and organization.
- Ready to work in any natural disaster or any other emergency situation.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Reporting, organizational learning and impact:
Ensure that activities are transparent and accountable to children and other stakeholders. This includes
- Ensure quality implementation of the project
- Produce regular reporting on field activities
- Document program(s) experiences and lessons effectively and communicated them to the program team
- Assist to prepare periodic programmatic reports in coordination with the team.
- Prepare necessary reports and documentations like case study in coordination with the team.
Key Area -3
- Comply with all relevant decision of Save the Children Child Protection policy
Key Area -4
- Participate actively as a member of program team. This includes:
- Work with team to review and update the program plan in line with the changing needs of children
- Contribute to the overall management and achieving of program activities
- Promote sharing of best practice across the program
- Undertake duties delegated by the program manager
- Building key stakeholder relationships with relevant decision makers in government
- Contribute to policy development and advocacy based on experience from the field
Master degree in Social Science or relevant area.
- At least 2 years of working experience including at least 1 year in child rights and/or child protection related program
- Age at most 35 years
- Preference will be given to the candidates having experience and knowledge on child protection system and child rights governance
- S/he should have good skills on community mobilization, training design and facilitation, report writing ability both in English and Bangla
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency on computer using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), internet/emailing