Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 48 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable candidate for following positions of its Youth and Volunteer Department:
|Job Title||:||Program Officer (Y&V)|
|Department||:||Youth and Volunteer|
|Number of vacancy||:||01 (One)|
|Duration of contract||:||12 months (Possibility of extension based on performance and need of the program).|
|Salary Range||:||Up to BDT. 50,000/-|
|Age Limit||:||40 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).|
Roles and Responsibility:
- Responsible to plan and implement special events and consultancies.
- Develop reports and monitor program and financial tracts records.
- Facilitate relationship building and strengthen relationships and partnerships between existing units of the program.
- Coordinate with project technical stakeholders internal and external and other units for effective program integration and quality implementation and reporting.
- Responsible to review monthly reports/work plan/annual report/training reports and provide comments/ feedback on regular basis.
- Produce legal documents including public-private partner Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Letter of Agreement (LOA) and strategies if needed.
- Assist Director in any other departmental activities as per needed.
Education and experience:
- Master’s in Social Science/ Social Work/ Development Studies or any other discipline (Education qualification will be relaxed in case of potential/ experienced candidates).
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience (in which 1 years with similar organizations).
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and staff management skills.
- Excellent report writing skill.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and Team work skills.
- Sound analytical and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines, identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English and Bangla.
- Computer skills on MS word, Excel, Power point and internet operation.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles and values of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement.
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct and strong ethics with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Common understanding on Gender issues, CEA mechanism including other cross-cutting issues.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in the field.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience to work with a humanitarian response will be an added advantage.
- Work experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement will be preferable.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your updated resume with recent photograph & two references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position in subject line before 5:00 pm, March 28, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.