Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
|Job title||:||Health and Environmental Coordinator|
|Duration of contract||:||1 year (possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance)|
|Salary||:||80000-95000 BDT monthly|
|Number of Post||:||01|
|Reporting to||:||Health and PSS Expert, PMO|
|45 years maximum|
|Duty Station||:||Cox’sBazar with frequent field visits to project areas in the camps|
Project descriptionSince August 2017, hundreds of thousands of women, children and men have fled violence in Myanmar and crossed into Bangladesh. The newly arrived people came to Cox’s Bazar district with very few belongings, have no access to income sources, and struggle to provide for the minimum levels of food and other essential needs and services for survival. This is one of the largest and most complex crises in the region. The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) with support of the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) and Partner National Societies (PNSs) is implementing a large “Population Movement Operation” (PMO) to respond to the needs of the new arrivals and host communities.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) in partnership with Swiss Red Cross (SRC), is implementing a project for improving the personal and environmental health and well-being of the displaced population from Rakhine State and host communities in Ukhiya through a) the provision of health, protection and nutrition-related services at five primary health centres, b) the establishment of a solid waste management to mitigate environmental health risks and c) community engagement for improved health literacy.
The project is running three Primary Health Centers (PHC) in Cox’s Bazar under its Rohingya Response Operation and planning to establish two more PHCs. The PHCs are providing a range of health services that include general health, MNCH, family planning, normal deliveries, immunisation, menstruation control, post abortion care, PSS, nutrition screening and counselling. Patients needing more specialised care are referred to appropriate higher facilities.
Moreover, SRC-BDRCS is also planning to manage the Solid Waste of camp 15 and two wards of Palongkhali union of Ukia Upazila, to address the environmental needs. The project will also work for improving the behaviour of the host and the guest community in terms of personal and environmental health.
PurposeTo implement and coordinate all health, psychosocial support , protection, sexual and reproductive health and nutrition activities under PHC project funded by Swiss Red Cross in close collaboration with BDRC, DGHS, UN, INGO, PNS and Swiss Red Cross HQ for quality implementation, supervision and monitoring of the projects. Linked to this is also solid waste management interventions which is to be implemented and monitored on a regular basis.
Under the direct supervision of PMO-Health and PSS expert and SWM expert (Heath and Environment Coordinator will be responsible for implementation, expansion and consolidation of PMO and PHC project. He will be responsible for implementation of the solid waste management project in a phased manner in the Cox’s Bazar areas. The position will work closely with project management team of BDRCS and Swiss Red Cross and will maintain strong coordination with all partners of PMO and others PNSs for both PHC and SWM projects in the identified sites
A graduate with 7 years or above experience in supervising or implementing health and environment related project is eligible to apply. Suitably qualified Medical graduates with an interest in environmental health and willing to take up unique challenges are encouraged to
7 – 10 Years working experience in the field of Health & nutrition with 2 years working experience in Ob Gyn and MNCH is needed. Working experience in the field of emergency response, WASH and waste management working experience in the Rohingya crises is an added advantage. Training and facilitation skills are highly desirable. Experience in the area of waste management will be an added advantage. Must be a self-starter and professionally competent. Good computer literacy is a must. Expected to be good in English both written and spoken. Community mobilization experience will be considered as an asset.
Specific duties/ responsibilities
- Support the operational and financial management of the PHC project in the Rohingya refugee camps and host communities (funded by Swiss Red Cross), ensuring the specific project deliverables are met in health projects and SWM projects 2019 – 2022
- Build capacity of PHC officer/Community health facilitators/SWM team for any requirement as per need of the projects.
- Guide and supervise PHC Officers, SWM staff, Camp Mobilizers, Volunteers, Doctors, Midwives, and Nurses for quality implementation of the projects.
- Coordinate, supervise and mentor all Health, Nutrition, PSS, SWM and SRH activities in the camps as well as the host communities and build sustainable linkages with all stakeholders including government agencies.
- Regularly visit the project areas, plan and monitor activities during implementation, expansion & consolidation phases of the entire length of the projects
- Ensure continuous monitoring of the progress of Health, Nutrition, PSS, Solid Waste management and Protection activities undertaken in the Population Movement Operation and others.
- Conduct regular awareness campaigns, clean up campaigns across sectors and communities involved in the health and environment project
- Collect and analyze data to ensure progress reports every month
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the project activities
- Must have good documentation and communication skills
Roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with the programme team members and BDRCS PMO colleagues related to health and environment
- Support the programme team, volunteers and mobilizers to effectively assess, design, monitor and report on the project activities regularly
- Work closely with the Swiss Red Cross for assessment, project planning, implementation, supportive supervision, monitoring and reporting processes
- Plan and carry out with the programme team members, volunteers and community mobilizers the tasks to improve Health, Nutrition, PSS, SRH, SWM & protection support for (Rohingya and host communities)
- Ensuring all interventions are implemented, monitored and reported correctly to all key stakeholders
- Provide regular technical support with guidelines and SOPs on Health, SWM, and protection activities to the field staff
- Liaise with Government bodies, UN and I/NGOs & community groups
- Document success stories and case studies for sharing with BDRCS/SRC/IFRC and other relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with CICs, Site Management team, and ISCG groups to contribute in coordination meetings at camps and Cox’s Bazar to update regarding Health, Nutrition, PSS , SWM and protection interventions
- Assist the programme team in ensuring and following the community engagement and accountability process and protection gender inclusion while implementing any activities
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Prepare good quality reports and evidence based documentation of project activities
- Develop IEC Materials, case studies with evidence and success stories from time to time
- Maintain close coordination with SRC/IFRC counterpart/teams.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code vbof Conduct
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, local emergencies or major disasters
*** Qualified and committed female candidates from Bangladesh with a strong commitment and drive for timely project deliverables are encouraged to apply for this vacancy ***
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application with a complete resume with a cover letter mentioning the name of the position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org 5.00pm, 20 June 2019
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরি গুলোও – এগুলো সহজ এবং বলতে গেলে প্রায় বিনা শিক্ষায় বিনা অভিজ্ঞতায় পাওয়া যেতে পারেঃ
Most viewed jobs are bellow
বলতে গেলে বিনাশর্তে ⇒ ROBI – রবিতে/ গ্রামিনফোনে/ বাংলালিংক/ টেলিটক/ এয়ারটেল সার্কুলার হয়েছে – HSC/SSC সহ পাসে ৩৪০০০ পর্যন্ত বেতন অভিজ্ঞতার দরকার নেই এমন সার্কুলারও থাকতে পারে