Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Background: Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No.26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 1ু6 December 1971, is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people and over the last 48 years, has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the position of Coordinator, Safer Accessconsidering following criteria/issues :
|Job title||:||Coordinator, Safer Access|
|Job type||:||Contractual (12 months initially, with a possibility of extension)|
|No. of position||:||01 (one)|
|Age||:||40 years maximum (Age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate)|
|Monthly salary||:||BDT 70,000.00|
|Location||:||BDRCS, NHQ, Dhaka|
|Reportable to||:||Safer Access Focal Person|
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Safer Access concept, introduced by the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), is a set of actions and measures that can be taken by a National Red Cross Red Crescent Society or even by any humanitarian organization to prepare for and respond to context-specific challenges, to reduce and mitigate the risks that it may face in sensitive and insecure contexts, and to help it earn the trust and acceptance of people and communities with humanitarian needs, as well as of those who control or influence access to them. The SA concept is to understand operational risks during intervention in conflict and/or violence situation in order to be ready to respond effectively and efficiently. It helps to know the gaps, barriers, risks and challenges affecting organization’s acceptance, security and access to people/communities in need and to overcome those.
To purpose of the position is to facilitate implementation of activities related to Safer Access Framework (SAF) through mainstreaming the concept into all BDRCS’s humanitarian interventions.
Minimum Bachelor in any relevant discipline e.g. Social studies, development science, Disaster Management
At least 5 years working experience with Humanitarian/development organization(s) including understanding on safety & security context. Experience in designing of response and development (DM/DRR etc.) will add value
Computer operation both in English and Bangla (Bijoy software), communication (oral and written), Internet browsing, Report writing, development of resources (Policy/strategy, Guideline/Manual, Module), design & facilitation of training/workshops, willing to travel in field/community etc.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform responsibility as Member Secretary to the Safer Access Steering Committee (SASC)
- Support SASC and Safer Access Focal person to implement SAF PoA 2017 – 2020 and to revise the same as per need.
- Prepare/review Concept notes, Policies, Guidelines on SAF.
- Prepare Training Manuals/Modules on SAF and organize/facilitate training, workshops.
- Strengthen internal communication and coordination within BDRCS to integrate SAF as a core approach.
- Coordinate with BDRCS Units (Branch) and extend support to implement activities as per PoA.
- Maintain regular contacts with external stakeholders about SAF.
- Follow BDRCS internal procedures in relation to initiate/implement any activity related to SAF like- initiate note, obtain approval of the authority, withdraw advance, prepare bills and vouchers properly.
- Maintain regular contact with ICRC and other Red Cross Red Crescent partners.
- Represent BDRCS in different internal/external forums/platforms as SAF member secretary.
- Prepare reports and follow up reports for SAF training, workshop, meeting etc.
- Prepare annual and event based budget for SAF and monitor it throughout the year.
- Maintain proper documentation on SAF.
- To demonstrate creativeness/innovativeness, pro-activeness, honesty, sincerity and professionalism.
- To carry out any other tasks as assigned by authority.
Interested candidates should email their Resume with a Cover Letter with recent passport size photograph and 2 references to email@example.com by 06 March 2019.
Those who don’t meet the criteria/competencies are discouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরি গুলোও – এগুলো সহজ এবং বলতে গেলে প্রায় বিনা শিক্ষায় বিনা অভিজ্ঞতায় পাওয়া যেতে পারেঃ
বলতে গেলে বিনাশর্তে ⇒ গ্রামিনফোনে/ বাংলালিংক/ টেলিটক/ এয়ারটেল সার্কুলার হয়েছে – HSC/SSC সহ পাসে ৩৪০০০ পর্যন্ত বেতন অভিজ্ঞতার দরকার নেই এমন সার্কুলারও থাকতে পারে
অফিসে না গিয়েও⇒ বাসায় থেকেই ৬৪৯ টাকা পারডেহিসেবে চাকরিটি করতে পারেন প্রতিদিন হিসেবে মাসিক বেতন Work at Home