Technical Director – MEAL and Knowledge Management, Suchana
Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position for a comprehensive and multi-sectoral programme to prevent chronic malnutrition in under-2 children in Bangladesh. The aim is to break the inter-generational transfer of malnutrition through economic and cultural determinants in two districts of Sylhet division. Recognising the importance of supporting nutrition well before a child is born, and before girls become mothers, the programme will adopt a lifecycle approach, with a focus on adolescents and newly-weds. It is driven by a catalytic coalition, comprising Save the Children (lead), IDE, HKI, WorldFish and icddr,b, who prioritise sustainability and scalability.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This position will lead the design & implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system for gathering, interpreting multiple forms of M&E data, Annual and Biannual surveys, research (formative and operational), process evaluation. S/he will be responsible for performance monitoring, action research, and data quality are consistent with program outcomes and track progress of activities in achieving goals and outcomes. S/he will also lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive Knowledge Management Strategy and repository of learning and provide leadership for knowledge management and disseminating lessons learned and best practices to support scale up. The incumbent will provide guidance to implement comprehensive web-based MIS for tracking progress of major indicators aligned with program logical framework. S/he will also be responsible for contributing to design & assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision-making. S/he will work closely with consortium members to ensure a common culture of sharing and learning across Suchana program.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 10 years of experience, of which 5 years in a leadership position in M&E/MEAL and Knowledge Management.
- Demonstrated experience in research methodology, expertise in developing log frames and result frameworks, preferably for country-level programs
- Ensure regular communication of M & E activities to all key consortium members and contribute to the quarterly, annual report to donor
- Proven experience in programme monitoring, accountability mechanism, operational research, knowledge management, evaluation methodology, analysis.
- Practical experience in delivering large scale nutrition, food security related programme
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, SPSS; skills in MS Access and Stata will be added advantage
- S/he should be required to travel to the field areas at least 25-30% of time
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Statistics/Social Science, or relevant discipline.
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Dhaka
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: https://bangladesh.savethechildren.net/careers
Application deadline: September 02, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.