ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Officer – Admin and Logistics
|Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), funded by UNHCR|
|Location of posting||
|Teknaf at Cox’s Bazar|
|Types of contract||
|Fixed term contract|
|Up to 31 January 2021|
|Number of positions||
|Salary and benefits||
|Competitive salary will be offered with admissible benefits such as mobile & modem allowance, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.|
Over 1 million of Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Citizen (with the majority comprising women and children), took shelter in camps in Cox’s Bazar in southern Bangladesh on August 2017. The Government of Bangladesh, together with national and international partners, have been pro‐actively responding to this crisis through extensive humanitarian response. The government allocated 2,000 acres of land that is apportioned into different camps as temporary settlements for the Rohingya people. There is a coordinated effort to provide critical lifesaving assistance i.e. food, nutrition, shelter, water, health & hygiene, psycho‐social support and counselling and basic education services to the Rohingya people living in the camp and host community settlements.
ActionAid is going to implement site management activities in different camps in Teknaf. As an agency engaged in Rohingya Crisis Response since September 2017, ActionAid has the experience in coordinating with a range of camp actors, including the Rohingya and their representatives and in facilitating the site management role in Rohingya camps.
The major activities related to site management are identifying critical humanitarian needs and addressing those through coordination & collaboration with different stakeholders; anchoring information management also, complaints and feedback mechanism; linking community with different service providers; facilitating camp operations and DRR actions.
The Officer – Logistics & Administration will be responsible for providing necessary support in general office administration, procurement, travel, logistical services, staff health and safety issue etc. S/he works in close collaboration with Administrative Unit, Finance Unit and Emergency/Humanitarian response project management team based in AAB Dhaka Office and Cox’s Bazar Office. The incumbent will maintain close communication with project managers, AAB’s local partner (s), vendors, suppliers and hotels etc.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Procurement and Inventory Management
- Procure fixed assets, stationery, print materials and other materials as per project requirement;
- Maintain stocks of fixed asset and office supplies;
- Liaise with different vendors.
- Ensure air ticketing for national/international staff and consultants following project manual;
- Assist in hotel reservations for staff, guests and visitors of the project;
- Provide visa support to staff and consultants;
- Manage and maintain the project vehicles and its drivers.
Logistic support and event management
- Provide logistic support for meeting/seminar/workshop in booking venues and purchasing print materials for events;
- Initiate and monitor repair and maintenance for office building, furniture and equipment and project vehicle;
- Keep records of all original MoU’s, contracts, rental deeds, and insurance documents.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and control all admin issues – Accommodation, Transportation, Management, Safety & Security, Staff activities, and disciplinary actions of the company;
- Proactive approach to tackle situation in advance and address problems instantly;
- Keeping message of the officers/staffs in their absence;
- Must have sufficient knowledge in office management and file maintaining;
- Collecting & preserving the address of other organizations/company for communication when required;
- Responsible to keep track record of each day vehicle expenses and prepare and submit monthly report to Line Manager -Admin GM;
- Coordination of office management activities as act by duty officer;
- Supervising the housekeeping of the office premises and ensuring proper look and feel of the office floors and furniture layout;
- To monitor the security arrangement with coordination of the Head office;
- To manage the office stationery inventory and distribution and monthly report generating;
- To coordinate with the various departments and the HOD’s for all office administration support;
- Any other assigned job by the Management.
H/She will work under overall supervision of the Coordinator- Finance & Administration of Rohingya Response program.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- A university degree, preferably a graduate degree in relevant subject areas. Experience in the sector will also be considered favourably.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in national or International Development Organization.
- Excellent skills in computer- based application packages, i.e. MS Office and web-based applications/tools
- Good understanding on staff safety, security, health and wellbeing issues
- Proven experience to manage official fleet and vehicle movement
- Ability to provide logistical support for any big and/or medium scale of official events
- Understanding and experience to work on office management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is 31 March 2020. Due to emergency, recruitment will be on rolling. The interested candidates are requested to apply before deadline.
- Please Click Here to submit your application
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. ActionAid Bangladesh has a nonnegotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse (SHEA) and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and adults at-risk abuse) and expects all employees to abide by the Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct of ActionAid Bangladesh.
N.B: There is no cost involved with applying for positions with ActionAid Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent