|ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Senior Officer – Finance
||: Programme, Policy & Campaigns
||: Rohingya Response Project
||: Cox’s Bazar
|Types of contract
||: 1 (One) Year
|Salary and benefits
||: Monthly Gross Salary will be 61,693/- with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.
Over 1 million of Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Citizen (with the majority comprising women and children), took shelter in camps in Cox’s Bazar in southern Bangladesh on August 2017. The Government of Bangladesh, together with national and international partners, have pro‐actively responding to this crisis with a massive humanitarian response, allocating 2,000 acres of land and coordinating and providing critical assistance such as food, nutrition, shelter, water, health & hygiene, and psycho‐social and basic education services to the camps, settlements and host communities.
ActionAid is implementing site management activities in Camp 11 and 12 funded by IOM. Besides, ActionAid have few ongoing programmes in different sectors e.g. Protection, WASH, NFI etc. inside the camps. As a response agency since September 2017, ActionAid has developed relationships with a range of camp actors, including the Rohingya and their representatives and successfully doing the site management role. ActionAid is working to address critical humanitarian gaps and need through site management by coordination & collaboration with different stakeholders. Information management, linking community with different service providers, camp operations, and DRR and site improvement are the major activities of site management project.
The position is to support the management of the finances for the Rohingya Response Program, this involves collecting funding from multiple sources, internal to ActionAid and external to ActionAid. It will involve drawing up budgets and reporting to multiple donors against different projects, it will also involve supporting the manager in developing the draft budgets for funding applications. The position will include, but is not limited to:
- Prepare documents to process payment in compliance with AAB Policies, contractual obligation, Country Law etc. and by ensuring Account Code and Analysis Code;
- Record all income and expenditure in the System;
- Comply with country law on the subject of Tax, VAT deduction and work with AAB Finance Unit to deposit the same;
- Financial Report preparation for Budget Holder and Head of Humanitarian, management of AAB, Donor, NGO Affairs Bureau and other stakeholders;
- Maintain ‘Petty Cash’
- Create and maintain budgets with the manager; process income and out goings in an effective and efficient manner
- Provide administrative and logistics support to Cox’s Bazar Office, Staffs and Training Participants;
- Process Travel Authorization documents, Float/Advance against approved travel, arrange transportation by working with AAB Administration Unit;
- Manage admin staff to arrange all logistics for Training/Workshop/Seminar of the Platform;
- Prepare Financial statements of the Project and facilitate statutory and Donors’ Audit in coordination with AAB Finance;
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Process Payment by ensuring compliance with AAB Policy, Statutory compliance and record in the system:
- Check all payments requests of Vendor, Third Party and Staff in line with AAB, Donor policy, NGO Affairs Bureau and GOB policies and procedure county law;
- Provide entry in the SUN System through ERP System by ensuring appropriate analysis code, ensure availability of all supporting documents, prepare vouchers (Payment Voucher & Journal Voucher) and handover payment request to the AAB Finance Unit to prepare cheque/Account Transfer-as applicable;
- Process Staff Float/Advance request and arrange disbursement of the same;
- Process income from external and internal parties through checking all relevant authorities; process expenditure in a timely manner and ensure payments are made efficiently
Data Entry and Financial Report Preparation
- Develop Budget as per guidance of Program Unit and amend when needed;
- Work with the manager to prepare budgets for donors and financial applications;
- Prepare Burn Rate and Budget Variance Report for the project management;
- Generate financial reports from the system and analyze for the Project Management, Donor, AAB Management- as needed;
- Analyze overhead budget and cost recovery, update management monthly of spending and income achieved;
- Responsible for preparing and submission of fund request to donor as per the grant contract and tracking grant Income.
- Ensure timely posting of grant income and expenditure in the SUN accounting system.
- Ensure compliance with the donor’s financial frame work, AAB grant management policy.
- Prepare grant report and submit as per the reporting schedule.
- Review and revise grant budget in consultation with programme.
- Projection of grants’ exchange gain/loss and suggest management for necessary action.
Update project documents with necessary information.
TAX & VAT deduction, Payments, Audit:
- Ensure statutory compliance regarding TDS and VDS from various bill as applicable rate and record it in the SUN System;
- Work with AAB Finance Unit on preparation of Vendor wise VAT/ TDS calculation sheet;
- Maintain petty cash by following Imprest System;
- Maintain all payment documents;
- Prepare financial statements for Audit and facilitate statutory and Donors’ Audit in coordination with AAB Finance Unit;
Process of National and International Travel Advance:
- Prepare documents of Float/ Advance against national and international travel within requested time by ensuring required approvals from AAB;
- Adjustment of national and international travel advance with proper documents and records;
New Project Development:
- Work with the Programme Development Unit in developing budget for new project proposals.
- Analyze overhead budget and cost recovery from the new proposals.
- Suggest on cost sharing and alternative sources for the new projects.
The Senior Officer – Finance will directly to the Deputy Manager -Finance on the technical support on financial processes, Audit, AAB and Government compliance etc., with the Head of Humanitarian Response included where necessary related to the Management of Cox’s Bazar Operation.S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both programme and operational.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Post-Graduation or equivalent degree in Finance or Accounting, Chartered Accountant partly completed is preferred
- At least 4 years relevant experience in national or International Development Organization
- Training on Financial management
- Sound financial management knowledge and skill
- Sound knowledge on statutory and Donors’ compliance issues
- Ability to design and manage multiple budgets according to donor requirements
- Experience managing staff would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge on Tax, VAT law and NGO Affairs Bureau requirements and procedures
- Excellent proficiency in English and Bangla is required for the position, reading, writing and speaking;
- Microsoft office software including proficiency in excel
- Work experience in accounting software,
- Accounting software knowledge is required, experience on SUN and Vision software is preferred
- Team work and ability to work effectively and respectfully with team members
- Presentation skill is desirable
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Tuesday, 19 June 2018.
- Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.