|Number of Position||:||1|
|Duration of the contract||:||6 months with possibility of extension|
|Reporting to||:||Operations Manager, Flood Operations|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking a Project Engineer to support the Flood Operations of IFRC Bangladesh Country Office in Lalmonirhat.
The Project Engineer under the management of the Operations Manager, Flood Operations, will work closely with BDRCS to ensure efficient and effective implementation of Shelter and WASH programs under Bangladesh Floods Project Plan of Action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Ops Manager and Program officer to assist them and to support BDRCS in the shelters and WASH programs implementation and monitoring.
- Assist the Ops Manager and Program officer to identify program requirements within the shelters and WASH programs.
- Provide structural design, drawings and bill of quantity (BoQ) according to sphere and local standards for shelter and latrines reconstruction project supported by IFRC
- Hire, screen, interview and orient skilled workers, laborers and volunteers.
- Carry out requirements for construction building permit (if needed).
- Organize and conduct toolbox meetings with carpenters, masons and workers.
- Make recommendations for the improvement of issues related to construction techniques and design.
- As needed, monitor local markets for availability and cost of materials required for shelter and latrines reconstruction activities.
- Undertake regular field trips to the targeted areas in order to assess and evaluate the quality of the materials and construction.
- Monitor the progress of the programs, update line manager with necessary information and developments on program.
- Support, develop and train the skilled workers and volunteers on proper procedures for construction as per guide-lines of National Society and the Federation.
- Ensure quality control of their work in the construction of following the guidelines that have been developed by the delegation and BDRCS.
- Coordinate and work closely with BDRCS staffs and volunteers.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience(Diploma/Degree)
- Proficient skills in computer applications (spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD)
- Minimum of three-years professional experience in a relevant position
- Experience in problem resolution
- Experience in monitoring and controlling projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Adaptable in multi-cultural work environment
- Excellent spoken and written English
Salary Range: Negotiable
- Festival Bonus
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Provident fund
- Medical reimbursement for staff and immediate family of up to 70000 BDT per annum.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a full CV and cover letter to the following address on or before 13 June 2018. Please state your expected salary in the resume.
Head of Country Office
IFRC Bangladesh Country Office
684 – 686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217
Please mention the position on the envelope
Please note that this position will close on 13 June 2018. However, IFRC reserves the right to fill the role prior to the advertisement end date. As such, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The IFRC Country Office in Bangladesh has worked alongside the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields including disaster management, with a focus on the cyclone early warning and response programme in the coastal belt, and disaster preparedness and response during natural disasters.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরিগুলোওঃ