Customer Services Officer
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council invites applications for the position of Customer Services Officer.
No of position/s – 01
Duration – Indefinite
- Handle all customers enquires and first and second level customer complaints as per the defined British Council standards
- Register or enrol customers for the appropriate British Council service or activity by offering them proactive support to facilitate the processes
- Provide a meet and greet service, welcome all visitors, members and customers to the British Council ensuring that customers are directed to the appropriate person or place efficiently
- Provide correct information of product price, discounts and offers/new products at all times.
- Maintain high level of positive interaction and information flow with and between various internal teams, and to be proactive in developing the knowledge base. Update and collect data on customer transactions, and all enquiries are logged, and statistics are maintained accurately
- Accurately handle cash, credit card, cheque and direct bank transfer collections for all types of payments, and properly record them in the Customer Management System according to the British Council payment and finance policy
And will have the following skills and experience
- Graduate in any discipline.
- At least 2-year of providing customer services and/or sales preferably in the services industry
- Excellent sales and MS office skill
- Experience of working with children
We can offer
- Monthly salary BDT 46,809 (Consolidated).
- Transport allowance of BDT 9,000 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council
Closing date: 8 October 2019
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”