The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council invites applications for the position of Communications Manager.
No of position/s – 01
- Deliver an annual communications plan that is measurable, objective, and in line with corporate and country strategy.
- Led by the Head of Communications and in consultation with Programme Leads and Project Managers, develop and deliver bespoke communications plans for projects, taking into account audiences, key messages, appropriate channels, project objectives and brand.
- Create or adapt online and printed communications materials – over-see, write and/or edit collateral including: websites, events calendar, press releases, impact stories, case studies, info graphs, brochures and printed materials to a variety of internal and external audiences including major donors and prospects, industry specific networks, and the general public.
- Proactively seek media placements for British Council stories, where publicity is managed internally. Ensure maximum coverage of campaigns, events, case studies, and projects.
- Generate social media plans to support country impact and activities, align in-country plans with regional approaches to social media, and manage evaluation and analysis of social media engagement to improve engagement with target audiences.
- Support project teams to be able to identify communications risks and be familiarised with risk-management protocols to protect the reputation of the British Council.
- Oversee the development of collateral produced in-house, by vendors, with or by partners to ensure appropriate brand, identity and key messages are reflected across all products.
- Support new opportunities to enhance corporate communications working with the Head of Communications, to develop high visibility campaigns leading through impactful stories, thought leadership pieces and high-profile events from our portfolio.
And will have the following skills and experience
- Relevant degree e.g. communications, media and journalism, English, marketing, BBA or equivalent level of qualification
- Overall five years of experience with one year in a similar role
- Considerable experience in creating communications campaigns for different audiences across different platforms
- Considerable experience in working in a matrix situation with multiple stakeholders and deadlines at a time
- Demonstrable experience in managing press and media relations
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in managing websites and intranets
- Demonstrable experience in event management
- Excellent written and spoken Bangla and English language skills
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children
We can offer
- Monthly salary BDT 93,750 (Consolidated).
- Transport allowance of Tk 9000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council
Closing date: 25 May 2019
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”
এছাড়া নিতে পারেন নিচের চাকরি গুলোও – এগুলো সহজ এবং বলতে গেলে প্রায় বিনা শিক্ষায় বিনা অভিজ্ঞতায় পাওয়া যেতে পারেঃ
বলতে গেলে বিনাশর্তে ⇒ ROBI – রবিতে/ গ্রামিনফোনে/ বাংলালিংক/ টেলিটক/ এয়ারটেল সার্কুলার হয়েছে – HSC/SSC সহ পাসে ৩৪০০০ পর্যন্ত বেতন অভিজ্ঞতার দরকার নেই এমন সার্কুলারও থাকতে পারে
অফিসে না গিয়েও⇒ বাসায় থেকেই ৬৪৯ টাকা পারডেহিসেবে চাকরিটি করতে পারেন প্রতিদিন হিসেবে মাসিক বেতন Work at Home