Grambangla Unnayan committee works
Grambangla Unnayan Committee (GUC), a non-profit, non-political and non-governmental organization. Grambabangla Unnayan Committee was established on March 05, 1993. A group of development activists established this organization under the leadership of A K M Maksud, a researcher, and social entrepreneur. Grambangla Unnayan committee works for facilitating inclusion of the excluded communities in development opportunities. Grambabangla Unnayan Committee work in the fields of primary education, early childhood development and care, daycare, primary health care, technical and vocational education and training, sustainable livelihood and decent work for the urban informal sector workers, tobacco control, advocacy for establishing rights of the marginalized communities etc.
In order to conduct social and developmental activities Grambangla Unnayan Committee (GUC) was registered under the Department of Social Service, Ministry of Social Welfare; Department of Youth Development and it is also registered with the NGO Affairs Bureau, Prime Minister’s Office of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
Our mission is “To work with poor and excluded community to eradicate poverty and injustice.
A society without hunger, poverty, exploitation, and injustice in which every person enjoys their right to a life with dignity.
|Name of the Post||:||Research Assistant||No. of Post||:||04|
|Job Type||:||Full Time||Job Level||:||Entry|
|Age Range||:||22- 35 Years||Gender||:||Any|
Job Responsibilities :
- Translate findings of social research studies recorded in Bangla into English
- Collect data through one-to-one interview, focus group discussion, participatory assessment tools and techniques, observation etc.
- Review of secondary data sources
- Assist to design both qualitative & quantitative data collection tools
- Assist in qualitative & quantitative data analysis
- Assist in quantitative and qualitative data processing
- Help design and conduct study and write reports, case stories etc.
- Assist to develop/prepare research concept note ,EoI, research proposal and social development project proposals
- Work with consultants/Program Managers to design, develop and implement social development projects/social research projects/participatory action research projects.
- Any other jobs given by the organization time to time
Academic Qualifications :
- Graduation from any reputed university/college preferably in Sociology/Economics /Development Studies/Anthropology/Social Work/Statistics/English literature/Bangla literature/History or any other relevant field
Experience Required :
- No prior work experience is required, but keen interest to work in social research and social development sector especially with the economically poor, socially excluded and deprived community is inevitable.
Additional Skill Requirements :
- Interest and ability to think for research and action on social problems
- Creative writing skills
- Excellent writing skill both in Bangla and English
- Skilled in using MS Word, MS Excel & MS Power Point
- Have the ability to accomplish tasks in time and with quality
Salary range :Tk. 10000
Other Benefits :
- As per organizational policy.
Job Location: Mainly in Dhaka, but will have to work in any part of Bangladesh based on assignments.
Apply Instructions :
Last date of Apply: 30 November 2019
Send CV to E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose Photograph with CV
Interested candidates are advised to send an application with a complete CV with two references to: email@example.com by 30 November 2019. Please mention in the subject line of your email: Research Assistant
Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. All tests and interview will be held at Grambangla Unnayan Committee, House#93 (1st Floor), Road#1, Mohammadia Housing Society, Mohammadpur, Dhaka
We regret to inform that it will not be possible to reply to all the submitted applications.