Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Vacancy AnnouncementRed Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 48 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position:
|Reporting & Communication Officer|
|Duration of contract||
|1 year with possibility of extension|
|Myanmar Refugee Relief Operation (MRRO), Disaster Response Department|
|Project Director/ Project Coordinator.|
|36 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate)|
The Reporting Officer will be responsible to ensure all information and data collected, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes of BDRCS. The Reporting and Communication Officer is responsible to produce all progress and periodic report and develop communication material on Myanmar Refugee Relief Operation (MRRO) in Cox’s Bazar for wider media coverage, donors, partners, and communities and as well as project management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake filed visits to gather the information and results related to the program
- With input from the Program Managers, take lead to produce high quality program progress reports as per donors and BDRCS requirements
- Will be responsible to produce analytical report with analytical presentation through appropriate info graphs
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents
- Support program staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required
- Provide relevant expert services to the project management unit, program components and implementing partners on reporting and communications and act as a facilitator
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits
- Develop donors reporting date and requirements template
- To take responsibility for specific areas of the program/activities as delegated by the Program Manager
- Develop, implement and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners and government about BDRCS as an organization and program progress
- Maintain effective working relationship with BDRCS and UNHCR counterparts
- Maintain effective working relationships with other major humanitarian actors working for newly arrived population from the Rakahine state of Myanmar in Cox’s Bazar
- Work closely with the communication and PMER team of BDRCS to formalize and implement the PMER framework and Communications Strategy
- Perform duties upholding respect and adherence to the fundamental principles of International Red Cross and Crescent movement.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s in Mass Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or related areas.
- Five years relevant working experience.
- S/he should have an extensive experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation, publication, and audio-visual material preparation in relation to conservation and development fields.
- S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in both English and Bangla.
- S/he should be well versed in the latest electronic publishing and graphics methods.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
- S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Bangla and English language typing.
- S/he must be fluent in both spoken and written Bangla and English languages.
- Competencies in communication, professional mastery, analytical skills, teamwork, ability to think strategically and able to influence, communicate, cooperate and negotiate with wide range of people and organizations
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Able to work in a team and respects opinions of others
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, local emergencies or major disasters
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application with complete resume with a cover letter, two references, a recent passport size photograph and mentioning the name of the position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm, 22 August, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer
এছাড়া নিন পারেন নিচের চাকরিঃ