Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Red Cross-Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971, is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable populace and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for some suitable Bangladeshi nationals for the following position.
|Assistant Program Officer|
|Program Manager, IFRP, BDRCS|
|Up to December 2020|
|Maximum 36 years (age limit may be relaxed in case of deserving candidate)|
Background:Integrated Flood Resilience Program (IFRP) is a comprehensive DRR program to enhance community resilience through reducing the vulnerability of highly exposed people to floods of 4 communities in Nilphamari and Lalmonirhat districts. The program includes components like disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, livelihood, shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene, health and capacity enhancement of the targeted communities. The delivery of program intervention targets to increase the capacity to reduce life and livelihood risk of the vulnerable community people including women, children, elder people and people with disability. The program will scale up the community’s resilience via a community-based disaster risk reduction approach with various measures considering targeted communities’ needs and context. The program approach also includes change agents in every aspect of project management cycle including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Under this program, Assistant will be recruited for planning, implementation and monitoring of field activities effectively and efficiently.
Purpose of the position:To ensure timely and effective implementation of community level activities, effective mobilisation of staffs and volunteers, monitoring of field activities and maintain proper coordination among program teams.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and Implement field level activities as per plan and budget provided from NHQ
- Coordinate and monitor all IFRP activities at the community level.
- Act as the link and liaison between Project Implementation Committee and Community Program Communities.
- Visit both the program communities on a regular basis and plan/monitor activities.
- Guide, direct and supervise the work of the Community Organiser/Mobilisers.
- In consultation with Program Managers, prepare activity plan for communities and implement accordingly.
- Monitor the activities of external parties/contractors, if any, and ensure progress as per the agreed ToR or contract.
- Organise all planned trainings, workshops, awareness campaigns, community meetings and dialogues as per the timeline in the plan of action.
- Assist in IGA proposal preparation for livelihood and organising skill trainings for community youths.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports of activities and submit to Program Manager regularly
- Prepare presentation on progress and results and present during Coordination Meeting and other events
- Prepare meetings notes and share the decision with relevant colleagues
- Contact/liaison with relevant NGOs/INGOs, Government agencies and other public organisations at the district level as required/appropriate.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of IFRP vehicles, equipment and other assets in the district and communities.
- Ensure program resources are used properly and immediately bring to the attention of program managers in case of any misuse of wrong doing.
- Regularly monitor the activities of the community information centre and ensure proper use and maintenance of equipment at the centre.
- Keep regular communication with PMER Officer and provide relevant information
- Keep liaison with sectoral head for implementing the activities of WASH, shelter, DRR, health etc.
- Assist Finance Assistant for bill preparations
- Always work towards promotion of RCRC principles and humanitarian values in the communities.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Program Manager/Unit Level Officer/Other Sectoral Lead
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in program management, development, disaster management, business management or any related subject and minimum 7 years relevant experience.
- Person with additional experience on project assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team will be given a priority.
Skills & abilities:
- Analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Able to plan and work independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Able to influence, communicate, co-operate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex tasks.
- Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Have adequate user level knowledge on various computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
- Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles and values
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Willing to work for vulnerable and people in need.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application with complete resume with a cover letter, two references, a recent photograph and mentioning the name of the position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm, 01 September, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
এছাড়া নিন পারেন নিচের চাকরিঃ